Mcculloch Super Pro 125c Complete rebuild.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know who to feel more sorry for, his wife or the kid he has on the way. Probably won't matter, if he can't deal with a locked door I can't imagine what will happen in the first weeks of the baby being home.

Chris, remind me again how he is in no way as bad as DH.

Ok, this is a chainsaw discussion forum where we laugh and joke and learn about chainsaws. Obviously you're autistic or something because you have absolutely positively no redeeming social skills at all. You have added nothing useful at all to any thread of mine that youve ever posted in. Your sole existence here is to tease and bully people.

I have created this thread to entertain and inform, i have invested time and effort into this tthread for the sake of others, people have learned things and laughed at the same time on this thread.

I expect to be teased and ribbed a little and i understand that the banter keeps threads like this going and allows readers to engage with me even if they dont have any technical advice to offer. The poster above with the little animated characters talking to each other was a form of teasing, but it hilarious and a welcomed addition to the thread. Im going to have to use the unicorns and donuts thing at work! You have added nothing witty or entertaining like that, just plain and simple negativity.

In response to my efforts you have the audacity to come in here and tell me that im a bad father and husband? I have never told someone online that they should go screw themselves, but if you walked up to a coworker or neighbor and called them a bad husband and father what response would you expect?

Im a terrific friend and husband and will make a great dad.

My Sgt obviously didnt think that free breaching training was a bad idea and who do you think was holding that camera? My lovely wife...

I built that garage with my bare hands, i can fix that door in 30-40 minutes for 80-90 bucks.

Im done with you and your alluding that im going to cause physical harm to my newborn. I want you out of ALL of my threads, im kicking you out of my playgroind for your inability to play well with others.

Heres how it works, ive asked you at least 10 times to leave me alone, i will now report every post you make in a thread that i origonate, if you continue to crap your worthless opinion here i may give up on this site entirely.

I have had multiple people message me through this site to tell me that they're tired of ypur crap and the negative attitude of you and alot of guys like you on this site. Alot of people have turned away from this site because of you. My thread, stupid and goofy or not, is a sticky because it draws in members and readers. I may be controversial, but i know how to draw a crowd at dinner parties and on internet chat forums where membership numbers and the number of readers dictate what kind of advertising fees the site can demand from its sponsors.

Again, please Thomas1,leave me the hell alone.

Last edited:
ok, i have now ordered a replacement for every consumable item on the saw. It should all be here by the end of the week and i should have this thing running by the end of next month.

I have ordered:

fuel line
impulse line
manifold gasket
oil seals (3)
flywheel (one on it now works fine but isnt 5 degree advance, whatever $30)
condenser
spark plug
rings
new oil and crank stuffer gaskets
antivibe lower parts

I know that im forgetting some stuff at the moment but i cant think of what.

I will post some photos later of the dried and cured JB welded gas tank. I want to make sure that its full set before i go messing with it.

So, let me get this straight. You blew the tank apart with ether? You do know Macs have a personality, right? Hope you own a kevlar bodysuit. That thing may just try to kill you.

BTW, never buy a 7-series. Or a 1-7x. Or a Super 250. Please.

Charles you forgot the 82cc Sp-80 thru DE-80 Macs...

Ok, this is a chainsaw discussion forum where we laugh and joke and learn about chainsaws. Obviously you're autistic or something because you have absolutely positively no redeeming social skills at all. You have added nothing useful at all to any thread of mine that youve ever posted in. Your sole existence here is to tease and bully people.

I have created this thread to entertain and inform, i have invested time and effort into this tthread for the sake of others, people have learned things and laughed at the same time on this thread.

I expect to be teased and ribbed a little and i understand that the banter keeps threads like this going and allows readers to engage with me even if they dont have any technical advice to offer. The poster above with the little animated characters talking to each other was a form of teasing, but it hilarious and a welcomed addition to the thread. Im going to have to use the unicorns and donuts thing at work! You have added nothing witty or entertaining like that, just plain and simple negativity.

In response to my efforts you have the audacity to come in here and tell me that im a bad father and husband? I have never told someone online that they should go screw themselves, but if you walked up to a coworker or neighbor and called them a bad husband and father what response would you expect?

My Sgt obviously didnt think that free breaching training was a bad idea and who do you think was holding that camera? My lovely wife...

I built that garage with my bare hands, i can fix that door in 30-40 minutes for 80-90 bucks.

Im done with you and your alluding that im going to cause physical harm to my newborn. I want you out of ALL of my threads, im kicking you out of my playgroind for your inability to play well with others.

Heres how it works, ive asked you at least 10 times to leave me alone, i will now report every post you make in a thread that i origonate, if you continue to crap your worthless opinion here i may give up on this site entirely.

I have had multiple people message me through this site to tell me that they're tired of ypur crap and the negative attitude of you and alot of guys like you on this site. Alot of people have turned away from this site because of you. My thread, stupid and goofy or not, is a sticky because it draws in members and readers. I may be controversial, but i know how to draw a crowd at dinner parties and on internet chat forums where membership numbers and the number of readers dictate what kind of advertising fees the site can demand from its sponsors.

Tom is the guy who made this thread a stickie...

Ok, i just bought a bigger torque wrench (for the muffler and crankshaft nuts) a 3 claw clutch puller, 50 lbs of additional sandblast media, and hopefully ill have time tonight to go to the hardware store later for paint (and a new door!)

I'll post clutch photos later with questions on how to remove it. Not sure if this one is threaded or taper fit.

Bigger torque wrench? How big was the one you had? 3/8 drive is lots for a saw.

I laugh and joke on here a lot, it's fun. You seem too have an issue with me stating what I believe. You have no problem calling me names, but if I question the way you do something that is a problem? If you're going to dish it out you should at least attempt to take it.

hkusp9 said:

So now you started this thread to teach everyone how to do something. Was using a crowbar to disassemble the flywheel lesson #1? I remember reading that you were going to share your amazing, new technique for splitting the tank. Then someone pm'd you and told you not to tell, because no one else here is as smart as you and they might hurt themselves if they didn't do it "right", is that correct? Why not share, you started this thread to help everyone, remember?

hkusp9 said:

All I get from this is that you like cartoons.

:dribble::boss::canny::pudency::love1::spiderman::burn_joss_stick:

Better?

hkusp9 said:

No, I said I didn't know who to feel more sorry for, your wife or child. All I know of you is what you've posted here. Which, in my eyes has been arrogance, impatience, lack of remorse and destruction. I don't associate those things with marriage or fatherhood.

If I told someone they were a bad father the response I expected would depend a lot of things. Are they a bad father?

hkusp9 said:

I hope so.

hkusp9 said:

It was free? Who was paying for the door? If you were a firefighter would you have burned the building down to get in?

hksp9 said:

Who installed the door lock that you were so pissed about? I thought the breech training was free?

hkusp9 said:

I haven't alluded to anything, if I have had anything to say I said it. If you're reading more into it than that, that's your issue.

I was unaware you had purchased this website. If this is not the case then I am curious as to how any threads are "yours" and how you are kicking anyone anywhere?

Report as you see fit, you might be surprised at who is already watching.

Also, I don't appreciate your attempt at bullying me into not posting by threatening me.

hkusp9 said:
I have had multiple people message me through this site to tell me that they're tired of ypur crap and the negative attitude of you and alot of guys like you on this site. Alot of people have turned away from this site because of you.

We must talk to different people, because i received feedback almost exactly the opposite of that. What about the multiple people that asked you to stop and never work on another saw again, where do they fit in?

hkusp9 said:
My thread, stupid and goofy or not, is a sticky because it draws in members and readers. I may be controversial, but i know how to draw a crowd at dinner parties and on internet chat forums where membership numbers and the number of readers dictate what kind of advertising fees the site can demand from its sponsors.

Don't flatter yourself, your thread is a sticky because I made it one and it wasn't to bring in new members. Being arrogant and destroying saws doesn't make you controversial, unless there is some portion of the membership that enjoys seeing you destroy chainsaws because A: that part is only X dollars, it didn't matter if it got ruined or B: you didn't care about that part, it wasn't right to start with.

If you're so entertaining why don't you have your own TV show? Or maybe you should be touring the country? Are you really arrogant enough to believe that you being on a website will allow the owners to charge more for advertising? You said you've been a member on multiple forums, please give me one example of increased revenue related to your membership. You're ridiculous, maybe that's why the people gather to laugh at you?

hkusp9 said:

I'm posting for the greater good, just like you.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Ok, i just bought a bigger torque wrench (for the muffler and crankshaft nuts) a 3 claw clutch puller, 50 lbs of additional sandblast media, and hopefully ill have time tonight to go to the hardware store later for paint (and a new door!)

I'll post clutch photos later with questions on how to remove it. Not sure if this one is threaded or taper fit.

Remove clutch:

--Loosen the nut enough to protect the threads on the crank and to allow room for it to break free from the taper.
--Pick the saw up by the drum with one hand....
--....and whack the dang nut with a BFH in your other hand and it will break free without damage. Works for me every time, on every direct drive Mac.
--Once the clutch pack is off you'll see if it there is a key to get clear before you remove the drum.

I've never used a torque wrench on these clutch or flywheel nuts. I have a few double box end wrenches, fairly long, that do nicely.

Chris B.

Well theres a portion of my life that I can never get back....I hate watching people tear #### up because they're to impatient or lazy to do something right......curious....did the garage have a window? Please dont answer that question I really dont want to return here.

When he said he was waiting for the JB weld to harden I was thinking, "Oh no! After all this!"

I can't tell if he's kidding or not. Maybe he took it to a shop to get it fixed properly and he is just messing with everyone....

I don't know who to feel more sorry for, his wife or the kid he has on the way. Probably won't matter, if he can't deal with a locked door I can't imagine what will happen in the first weeks of the baby being home.

That there is a piss-poor call man. No denying he's rip-####-and-bust about working on saws and the like but really?
He did say all his tool etc were locked in the garage and he's a cop, why not use the gear available. Its his door to fix.

You seem to put a lot of effort into making a joke outta the guy..

That there is a piss-poor call man. No denying he's rip-####-and-bust about working on saws and the like but really?
He did say all his tool etc were locked in the garage and he's a cop, why not use the gear available. Its his door to fix.

You seem to put a lot of effort into making a joke outta the guy..

I agree. This started as a thread on rebuilding a SP125. Things rarely go according to plan on the first go. This is a guy that is willing to share his mistakes to gain some useful feedback. He also seems to turn all of his problems into opportunities to learn. Practicing a breach on his own door will probably be more valuable than calling a locksmith, and the cash is out of his pocket either way. Many people give advice, and few follow it. However, if you don't figure out what doesn't work for yourself it makes it difficult to recognize what will when it's offered. I have made several bad calls with saws, and will probably make a few new ones tomorrow, but if everything worked out the way I'd hoped what fun would that be?

Remove clutch:

--Loosen the nut enough to protect the threads on the crank and to allow room for it to break free from the taper.
--Pick the saw up by the drum with one hand....
--....and whack the dang nut with a BFH in your other hand and it will break free without damage. Works for me every time, on every direct drive Mac.
--Once the clutch pack is off you'll see if it there is a key to get clear before you remove the drum.

I've never used a torque wrench on these clutch or flywheel nuts. I have a few double box end wrenches, fairly long, that do nicely.

Chris B.

Same for me with the DD Macs with tapered cranks that I've worked on Chris. I just wish I could use the same trick on a Homelite 750 that I'm working on now. For those that don't know (and Chris most assuredly isn't in that group) that particular Homelite clutch is threaded onto the crank. That clutch has most likely been on the saw since new (judging by the condition of the clutch bearing), and is being a real bastard at the moment...

Okay I came close to closing this thread.I have read the thread and there is really some different ideas being posted to say the least. This guy admits to trying to learn,yet at times does seem to come across that he does not want to learn.A couple of others have started to chime in with some negative crap.

I think that there is a lot of good knowledge being shared on this thread.Some have really reached out to help.I do not know if all of the help has been accepted or appreciated,I do sense that a lot is being absorbed.

I do have a lot of faith in most of the guys on this site.I will not close the thread at this time and see where it goes,but do not get personal from here on out.If you do not have good ideas to share then do not share them.If you see something he is doing wrong,definitely point it out to him.But please do not make it personal.

Share your thoughts and have fun,but keep it on topic.

I agree. This started as a thread on rebuilding a SP125. Things rarely go according to plan on the first go. This is a guy that is willing to share his mistakes to gain some useful feedback. He also seems to turn all of his problems into opportunities to learn. Practicing a breach on his own door will probably be more valuable than calling a locksmith, and the cash is out of his pocket either way. Many people give advice, and few follow it. However, if you don't figure out what doesn't work for yourself it makes it difficult to recognize what will when it's offered. I have made several bad calls with saws, and will probably make a few new ones tomorrow, but if everything worked out the way I'd hoped what fun would that be?

Thanks for the kind words Sir.

So far the only thing that ive perceptibly messed up was the flywheel, which already had one foot in the grave. And like you said, i learned about valve lapping compound and will be ready to rock when my new flywheel comes in.

Everything else has gone mostly smoothly. Im painting tonight and i wasnt paying close enough attention and painted the engine shroud yellow when i wanted to paint it black, but Ive seen a million of these things online that are painted a million different ways, so i guess its whatever floats your boat on that.

Finally, im pretty sure that im not going to put the oil seals and new rings and check the bearings and press the crankcase cover back on myself yet. Im learning alot, but im not completely comfortable tackling that on my first super pro rebuild.

On an interesting note. I found a great deal on another 125sp last week and its supposed to be delivered tomorrow so im pretty excited about that.

Oh, also... I need to find the lower handle antivibration mount thingies.

I think the technical terms are grommet-84661 and washer-grommet-110675 and most importantly, lower mount-83818. Ive seen a couple of small online lawnmower type of repair shops that show to have them, but I'll bet my lunch that they arent in stock.

Last edited:
Back