Mitts & Merrill wood chipper: Anyone know the approximate weight for towing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bingospal

Reaction score
I will be picking up an M&M wood chipper in the morning but I'd like to know the approximate towing weight before I head out. The owner has no idea and the only manual I can find (on this site) does not show weight.

Chipper has a Ford straight 6 engine. Looks to be from the late 50's or early 60's, maybe (?).

If you happen to know the model or any other info that would be fantastic.

IMG_8242.jpg

Here is a picture of the unit if that helps anyone.

We will be removing the rear shoot and the throw shoot to shrink the size a bit.

I'd also like to find a manual. The one on this site is so light it's very hard to read. Willing to pay for it.

Anyway, I got it home. Towed with my Ford ranger V6 at 40 mph all the way.

This might be a later version as it has a hydraulic clutch to drive the drum. Others I've seen on the internet use a lever to engage the drum. Prior owner told me it will engage on it's own when the engine reaches speed.

There is a separate section on the top with a water hose from the radiator running in and out. Assume this is some type of cooler for the fluid??

RenderedImage.JPG

If anyone has more information on just how any of this works or what to watch out for... please reply.

Latest posts

Back