• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold ms 461 starter and internal crankcase diverter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I could use a 461 Stihl starter and the internal piece of the crankcase that looks like a horseshoe and is held down with two bolt. I will call it a diverter or mixture separator. I think Stihl calls it a flange (they call lots of stuff "flange"). Is this a necessary part for function? and also is the 461 starter unique to only the 461? Mike

i'm not 100% sure on the starter as i've never tried but the 461 is so similar to the 460/046 i would not doubt it will work. i know it would run without the flange but i've never tried it.

Rupedoggy,
Not sure about the starter but I do have the diverter, PM your address and I will send you the diverter in the mail for free.
Thanks Ryan

I could use a 461 Stihl starter and the internal piece of the crankcase that looks like a horseshoe and is held down with two bolt. I will call it a diverter or mixture separator. I think Stihl calls it a flange (they call lots of stuff "flange"). Is this a necessary part for function? and also is the 461 starter unique to only the 461? Mike
The 460 starter is one screw hole off. The 441 is different as well. Best of luck finding one reasonable. Ivebeen looking as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back