Stihl MS 192T Top Handle Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tygon stinks, but it may work for a test.
Maybe dumb but honest question: does tygon actual smell bad or are you saying tygon sux ?maybe because it isn’t rigid enough?

(I only ask because I want to know. And the KTM and brembo engineers who used to build my race bikes love love love/demanded using tygon for brake fluid reservoirs… and I somehow don’t have the ability to smell (true story… (shrug) I can taste things but I can’t smell anything… long story))

But curious about tygon limitations because pretty much all my motorcycle brake res are connected using German tygon from brembo… and I like having brakes 😁)

Maybe dumb but honest question: does tygon actual smell bad or are you saying tygon sux ?maybe because it isn’t rigid enough?

(I only ask because I want to know. And the KTM and brembo engineers who used to build my race bikes love love love/demanded using tygon for brake fluid reservoirs… and I somehow don’t have the ability to smell (true story… (shrug) I can taste things but I can’t smell anything… long story))

But curious about tygon limitations because pretty much all my motorcycle brake res are connected using German tygon from brembo… and I like having brakes 😁)
It kinked shortly after I tried it on a saw, so I never used it again.

It kinked shortly after I tried it on a saw, so I never used it again.
Ahhh yeah thanks makes sense. It’s too soft for stuff like that for sure.

Appreciate the response!!!

Edit: although they make it in all kinds of wall thicknesses and not all Tyron is created equal—the Austrian techs told me the Tygon tubing on Amazon is from China and either fake or super low quality. *real* high quality tygon is super duper expensive and I only was able to get it from the KTM techs—I use it for low-pressure fuel lines on my 60’s motorcycles. I once bought some on off Amazon and it turned yellow and kinked and failed almost instantly.

Latest posts

Back