MS151TC - is a thinner, .050 gauge bar available?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHden

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've been running an .050" gauge bar and 3/8P chain on this very satisfactorily but just noticed that the side cover doesn't seal very well. The cause was simple in that the 1/4" pitch / 0.43" gauge bar that came with it is only 1/8" thick.

Is there a thinner bar that supports .050" gauge? Are the light weight bars any thinner? I'm guessing that such a bar would cause the chain to gouge the covers or guide blocks.

I've been running an .050" gauge bar and 3/8P chain on this very satisfactorily but just noticed that the side cover doesn't seal very well. The cause was simple in that the 1/4" pitch / 0.43" gauge bar that came with it is only 1/8" thick.

Is there a thinner bar that supports .050" gauge? Are the light weight bars any thinner? I'm guessing that such a bar would cause the chain to gouge the covers or guide blocks.
No. Going to thinner but retaining .050 would make the rails so thin they’d wear out rapidly. Just get a .043g 3/8 setup if you don’t want to go back to 1/4”

Back