MS362 Pictures.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siskiyou Blues

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I snapped a few and figured who would appreciate em more then you guys so I thought I'd share.
5681226109_b8e5ea0c11_b.jpg

5681227629_9c9fe05056_b.jpg

5681793742_20aeec1281_b.jpg

Oh but it is sooo dirty. Don't you know you are supposed to wash and wax them after use? :msp_wink: Just kidding with ya, glad to see you actually use it.

Plenty clean now. I stopped to take this mid cleaning. Figured I had to leave some muck on it or you guys might think I just got it because it looks so durn purty sitting on a stump like that.
This was the aftermath of a piss fir encounter.

Next time I take pictures it'll be after the turtle-wax. ;)

It's a nice ride bud!

I keep running my ole buddies MM'd 362 and the more I do, the more I like it. I can't feel the weight difference between it and my 361. He's got it well broken in now, and I swear that saw screams. It feels like a 70cc saw.
I am having thoughts of moving my 361 out and a 362 in. ;)
I feel that alot of the negs I read on here about them are from guys who hav'ent ran one, or a well broken one anyways. The grunt they have reminds me of an 038 magnum.

It's a nice ride bud!

I keep running my ole buddies MM'd 362 and the more I do, the more I like it. I can't feel the weight difference between it and my 361. He's got it well broken in now, and I swear that saw screams. It feels like a 70cc saw.
I am having thoughts of moving my 361 out and a 362 in. ;)
I feel that alot of the negs I read on here about them are from guys who hav'ent ran one, or a well broken one anyways. The grunt they have reminds me of an 038 magnum.

Your bragging about the 362 sounds more or less "insane" - it just is a heavier, bulkier, and slower version of the ol' MS361 - and then wait for the 560xp/562xp.......:msp_rolleyes:

Your bragging about the 362 sounds more or less "insane" - it just is a heavier, bulkier, and slower version of the ol' MS361 - and then wait for the 560xp/562xp.......:msp_rolleyes:

I must disagree with you here old friend. IMHO in real world use the 362 surpasses the 361 in every way. The 562 looks to be the real deal if they ever actually start making them.

I must disagree with you here old friend. IMHO in real world use the 362 surpasses the 361 in every way. The 562 looks to be the real deal if they ever actually start making them.

Of course you must, I expected that - maybe the 361s that we have ran was a bit different? Btw, I just got a new intro date on the 560xp here, again! :msp_scared::laugh::laugh:

Of course you must, I expected that - maybe the 361s that we have ran was a bit different? Btw, I just got a new intro date on the 560xp here, again! :msp_scared::laugh::laugh:

The so called Euro 361 vs the US one...is very negligible. If I'm able to sharpen 3 teeth better than you I probably have the upper hand running the US one. I think you try to put WAY too much weight into your so called heavyweight arctic euro 361 to have THAT much more power than a US built one.

The so called Euro 361 vs the US one...is very negligible. If I'm able to sharpen 3 teeth better than you I probably have the upper hand running the US one. I think you try to put WAY too much weight into your so called heavyweight arctic euro 361 to have THAT much more power than a US built one.

I just know that the Euro specs say 3.4 kW, and the US ones 3.2 and 3.3, at different times. Also, I know that the Cylinder and the mufflers are different.
When I put my "Andy" muffler on my saw, I still could tune it down to 13.8K, with the limiters in place, but of course I set it at more (14.3 was sort of a compromize between my feelings and what my "Stihl mentor" on here said). That was the same as I had it on before the new muffler, so no change there - but there was a little improvement in performance. As expected, that improvement was nowhere close to what often is claimed on mm US 361s, and the cylinder difference remains - but what is it really? :msp_confused:

Last edited:
In addition, the Euro MS361 has a Husky xp-like trigger responce, that I never heard any other Stihl has - and the reason is quite obvious......:msp_smile:

I guess you all know about that Belgian that went to Sweden, and really worked for Stihl - that resulted in the 361xp aka MS361.......:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back