• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS660 crankshaft for the cheap, desperate or unscrupulous.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon1270

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I pulled this out of a heavily-used parts saw, and don't need it myself. The rod bearing is in good shape, but sadly the PTO bearing slipped easily off the shaft instead of being a press fit, probably owing to wear caused by running the saw with worn crank bearings.

The bearing ID is supposed to be 17mm, which is 0.6693". Using my cheap dial caliper, the outer end of the shaft diameter measures maybe half a thousandth over that. The outer end of the polished/worn area measures 0.667", and the inner part, closest to the counterweight, is more like 0.665. I don't have a new bearing to try the fit, but my guess is that you'd need a drop green Loctite sleeve retainer to make it fly. For a personal work saw I suspect that would be just fine for a long time, but the customer you sell the saw to might not love the idea.

Got a beater 660 project in the works? I'd hate to scrap it if someone can use it. Make offer. (I do have use for the flywheel nut, so I'll probably keep that.) Might trade for a halfway decent (i.e. not cracked) 660 top cover.

IMG_0571.JPG IMG_0572.JPG IMG_0574.JPG

Back