• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need cylinder assembly for Sachs Dolmar 116si

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReggieT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Current jug is scored beyond repair. Pistons are easily found, but the jug has been a real beast to locate!
I've been told that 120si, 6000i, 6800i cylinder and pistons will also work...seeing the difference is only the braking mechanism. Carb kit & air filter I could use also.

Thanks
Reg

I have one but very pricey. It is from a 6000i. Excellent shape ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...the jury is in and the 6000i and the 6800i are both a new series and use a different, non adaptable piston/cylinder assembly. The 120SI uses the same piston/cylinder assembly, and would be adaptable...however, it too is no longer available.

They're running $199.00 for a special order straight from Dolmar for cylinder & piston assembly...and shipping time is iffy...
Thanks for the shout out though,
Reg

Do you have a piston for a 116si or 6000? They are not easily found either. That is if you want a OEM piston. I have a 6000i cylinder I would part with for $100 thanks Bill

Do you have a piston for a 116si or 6000? They are not easily found either. That is if you want a OEM piston. I have a 6000i cylinder I would part with for $100 thanks Bill

6000i won't work because they have are newer series and use a different, non adaptable piston/cylinder assembly.
I've checked with the #1 saw Rebuilder & Modder on this site...Dolmar 116si must have a 116si or a 120si replacement...right now I have zero replacement!!

What are the Mahle numbers are your old cylinder? I will look at mine in the am

Yes they are the same... I have had both torn apart..the brake assembly is different .. Rest of saw the same...

Yes they are the same... I have had both torn apart..the brake assembly is different .. Rest of saw the same...

So this statement right here is false?? "The 6000i uses a different, non adaptable piston/cylinder assembly!" :dizzy:

From my experience and parts lookup the 116si is the same as the 6000i.. The 120si is the same as the 6800i... Take a few minutes and look at the diagrams I sent you the links... All parts the same except brake assembly

From my experience and parts lookup the 116si is the same as the 6000i.. The 120si is the same as the 6800i... Take a few minutes and look at the diagrams I sent you the links... All parts the same except brake assembly

OK...will do. I appreciate your time & effort!

When you get a chance send me some pics of your piston/cylinder assembly you have for sale...also tell me some background about it...

I'll check mine tonight. I bought some 116si parts from a local guy and there's an extra jug in there.
Hey, Thanks Jacob...I'd sure appreciate it! This is becoming a marathon...I've got other things to attend besides this saw.:rolleyes:
Send me a message about what you find...

Back