Gas life?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That the autistic, pervert version of I know you are but what am I?
Some people use this forum to help others by sharing their wisdom or experience. Some come here to learn from others. And some come to denigrate other people, websites or products. We all know which type you are.

Berrymans carb dip works well too.
Seafoam not so much, including their GDI cleaner thats allegadly made to clean carbon fouled valves.
Like I have said before I have used a borescope to verify this.
pics or it ain't true 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Water is your problem. No water = no algae.
We had big issues with condensation in diesel fuel tanks for stand by generators. Always had to treat them for algae, and every other year we would pump the bottom of the tanks to remove any water/ sludge. Bio-diesel made it worse, much, much worse. We invested in our own filtration system (read fuel polishing system) and most of the customers with larger then 200kw generators we installed duel racor filters before the engine filters. Saved a lot of bs over the long run.

We had big issues with condensation in diesel fuel tanks for stand by generators. Always had to treat them for algae, and every other year we would pump the bottom of the tanks to remove any water/ sludge. Bio-diesel made it worse, much, much worse. We invested in our own filtration system (read fuel polishing system) and most of the customers with larger then 200kw generators we installed duel racor filters before the engine filters. Saved a lot of bs over the long run.

Hear that, huge issue. I put a big Racor on my diesel swap after getting bad fuel a couple times. All my issues went away after upgrading the filtration, could fill up anywhere without issues.

Some,such as yourself are worthy of denigration.
Said by a guy who does not understand what viscosity or film strength are, or the difference between fluid dynamics and thermodynamics, and who thinks people who disagree with him should be hit by a truck. Look in a mirror and you will see who is worthy of denigration. But it is not too late for you to reform.

Uh, not quite. It can if you regularly treat it with pri d every year.

Otherwise will grow algae. I've stored 800 gallons this way. Also make sure to drain water out of tank.
I have treated 800 litres of diesel ( #1 or #2 stove oil blend) @ Moose Camp with 16 oz of Startron conditioner for over 3 yrs with no to very little phase separation or biocide fouling or even gelling in the winter . As far as seasonal thermal cycles & condensation formation . The bulk storage tank is located in a shaded area & graded to prevent freeze issues & any watèr is drained off seasonally as required .
There is nothing in sea foam that preserves fuel. Keeping fuel on hand for two years isn't ideal.
Yep your right Ben , conditioning within stabilization in storage seafoam had not merit , however extended fuel storage at remote sites is often required . However within prevention of ethanol fuel gumming it has some merit since it does add some additional solvency . As i said pre oil change usage is all i normally see any value & lifter noise issues , which a few ounces of ATF will also cure when added to the engine oil between oil changes .

Yep, horses for courses.

Generator, pressure washer, and we recently got a riding mower that all get stabilized E0 pump gas. Saws get premix. Vehicles get E10 pump gas.
All my handheld & small engines get nonethanol available conveniently . Truck & cars E10 & treated with Amsoil efuel treatment or Startron regularly . My Diesel engines (truck & backhoe) Startron Diesel conditioner no issues .

Back