need new log splitter engine 20 ton MTD 20+ years old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't need warning stickers and guards

Really? Murphy is listening you know... There is a scientific 'law' named after him. Gravity doesn't even have that. Gravity is not even capitalized. Prostrate yourself on the ground, say three Hail Mary's, and swear on the names of your grandchildren that you will have a guard on that Lovejoy coupling before lunch tomorrow. Or, not... That stuff never hurts the guy that leaves it that way, but it is a mouse trap for unsuspecting others. Kids love to help with wood, and they don't know better. Just saying, you might want to rethink that.

All my kids are gone and I don't allow city slickers around my equipment. If one is so worried about some one getting hurt back by the love joy a good 4 feet away from the splitting area and control. One should be really be worried about the wood and the wedge. Dam fool city slicker don't have brains enough not to be messing with a perfectly good love joy, I sure would not trust to not cut their fingers off with the wedge or smash their hand with the pusher.

Foolish people who don't use common sense are the people who get hurt.

:D Al

Morning gentlemen finally found engine for splitter picked up a 550 series Briggs and stratton only thing I had to do is move and re drill holes to recenter motor and change coupling to 1/2 " other than that it was easy peasy. Brand new for 125.00 w/delivery not bad . thanks for everyone's help.
Now on to next project have to fix hydraulic pump on my Kubota tractor that is a 2004 .

Back