Need Ryobi 10518 Chainsaw help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilliamGibbs54

Reaction score
I have a Ryobi 10518 Chainsaw that is not working, no way-no how. It sat for five years and I have tried to bring it back from the dead…..drained the fuel….replaced it with pre-mixed canned fuel….replaced the carburetor, replaced the fuel filter, and replaced the spark plug. Air filter is a little dirty and I have a new one or order. The best than I can get it to do, after much pulling and cursing, is have it start and run for about 5 seconds. When I give it gas, it cuts out and I can’t
get it restarted. Inside the gas tank, I have two rubber lines….one with the fuel filter and one that is just hanging around. Both lines feed through the wall of the tank. I am getting gas flow. When I pull the starter cord, the saw sometimes bucks and it almost sounds like it is backfiring. The saw will run and it cuts off when I give it the gas. The last time it “started”, it smoked. I had just changed from a 50:1 mix to a 40:1 mix (both pre-mixed from a can). I switched when I saw a YouTube poster using the 40:1. Which is the correct mix? Is there anything else way to get this beast running that does not involve small animal or virgin sacrifice? Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions….

Latest posts

Back