Need some help with a Stihl 192C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin in Ohio

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I bought the saw new and have used it a lot. Recently noticed it was down on power so I checked compression and it was at 85. looked through the exhaust port and intake and looked great so I ordered a set of rings and crank seals. I've always used Stihl oil and non ethanol in my saws. Tore it down and piston/bore look great with no scoring to be seen. The problem was one of the bolts that hold the case together was loose and the crank seal on one side was spinning in the housing. It wore it some. No ridges on the outer edge of the seal where the new ones had that. I dry fit it and it was snug so I was hoping it would be okay. I used Dirko like normal, but also put some where the bad seal was. Hoping this would help lock it in position. Put it all back together, let sit for a day. Today I tried and it started right up. My issue is it will not idle and if you let it go to 1/2 throttle, it dies from what I'm guessing is lack of fuel. It will run at full throttle and be real smooth. I've tried adjusting the carb, and put on 2 other carbs I had. Same thing. Had a new one in the box and it goes instantly to full throttle and adjusting won't change it.(must be defective)

Any ideas here? I changed the intake boot about a year ago with an OEM Stihl and ran great after that. Looked it over real good and see no issues there. I looked at the impulse line and fuel hose and they too look fine. When you pull the carb it pours out fuel from the tank. I did change the fuel filter as well. Just kind of frustrated/stumped. I don't have a vaccuum testor for a leakdown but is that something to look to next?

Thanks for any insight.

Latest posts

Back