New from Upstate NY

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OakOsage

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Finally joined after diving into numerous threads on porting. Not new to chainsaws or tinkering but I seem to not get along well with carbs. Lots of experience running saws working for a tree service more than a decade ago, some logging on my farm and been cutting and processing my own firewood since I've been a homeowner. Contractor by trade now. Not a gearhead per se but I seem to understand and work best with diesels, mostly GM 6.5 and older VW TDIs although my next engine project will be a first gen 5.9 Cummins. Big fan of old, simple, and mechanical aka no electronics. So even if I don't have much to offer on saws I'm happy to help anyone with questions on the above engines. Or residential construction from concrete to roofing. I am curious to learn about porting on saws since I am familiar with it on diesel engines but clearly 2 strokes are a different beast altogether. I like to learn and understand so here I am, thanks for having me on board :)

Back