• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

No Longer Available - MS660 covers - OEM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Curry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I traded my nice 385XP for Randy's "personal" R&D MS660...:chainsaw: But she needs a little "plastic surgery" to make her as beautiful on the outside, as she is on the inside.

It's got a chip in the cylinder cover, and an aftermarket clutch cover, so those are the covers I'd like most to replace. The air filter and starter covers look ok, but I might be interested in minty replacements for those as well.

I thought I'd put the feelers out to see if you guys had any extras kicking around, before I order them from the dealer. Please PM with pics and price.

I also have a basically brand new 28" Husqvarna RSN bar - 3/8 .050 93 DL - that I bought for the 385 in November, that I'd be willing to trade. I've only made a handful of cuts with it. I also have a scabbard and 3 freshly sharpened chains for it with tons of life left in them. All full chisel; 1 full comp at 25/10 for crosscutting, 1 full comp, and 1 skip at 10/10 for milling. All sharpened with a granberg file guide and cut better than new.

Thanks for looking!

I bought some AM ones . I put the air filter cover on but not the cylinder cover one yet . It doesn't have the brass bolt bushings though. I'll take them off a old broke set . I can let you know how they fit if you don't find OEM . The price was right it just took a while for the shipping.

I bought 13 66's from a brush clearing company they all looked they drug them through blackberries for removal instead of starting them & using the chain, anyways oem wasn't an option for that many saws so I made the hutzl guy on eBay an offer on 13 sets of plastics. Got em all for $130 I think & to my surprise the fit & finish was good. Seriously surprisingly good. The material was a bit thinner, not brittle just thinner. I ordered oem id tags on eBay & no one could tell that they weren't oem plastics. I don't run anything but oem on my personal saws & understand I'm not the only one that feels that way & your saw deserves fine German outerwear but, Just throwing it out there for others to see that might be leery of jap crap, maybe they're Chinese or Taiwanese or some third world country using kids to melt 500 pound chunks of orange plastic with a map gas torch & no ppe

Thanks guys - your feedback helped to steer me in the direction I took. Once I looked at getting the decals and bushings and stuff separately, it was getting close to what the dealer wanted, and theirs include all the stickers as well. So I just sent the business their way.

The bar has been spoken for as well, so that about wraps things up here.

Thanks again!

Here's some pics of the AM covers .

Attachments

• 20150307_151723.jpg
    20150307_151723.jpg
    55.6 KB
  • 20150307_151714.jpg
    20150307_151714.jpg
    56.1 KB
Back