no way!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oakman,
The pictures are fine. It isn't the Wards model that I referred to. It's probably a Whitehead since they had at least 7 models. I like the frame better than the one I have. I'm always looking for another frame since I have a lot of expensive West Bend 820 hot saw parts. It's too bad it is yellow, someone might think its a McCulloch, ugh, but thats why they made sand blasters.
Art Martin

art,
hey, that yellow and black is beautiful to me! course after you run those old macs for a while, your brains get kinda scrambled. i would repaint it, though, if i knew what the correct color was. i just wanted something on there to stop corrosion. wayne sutton said he thought it was a whitehead, also. or something "labeled" by them. not quite sure what that means. made by somebody else with a whitehead tag, i guess. i see in the collectors corner a listing for a C-70 whitehead, and there is a C-7 cast into the frame.
is that a custom frame on that 820 that kd posted? do you run a pipe on it? how many rpm's? beautiful workmanship. luv to see it run. thanx for your info.

oakman,
The frame for my West Bend that Ken posted a picture of, is a Whitehead. It has a gas and oil tank off of Wards WD99 frame. I got it from Ken Dunn because I was desperate. I had built the engine, but, had no place to put it. The frame was red in color and it was ugly. I traded Ken two racing chains for it and then gave him one extra because he is a nice guy and I call on him for advice often. I don't plan to add a pipe on it right now, but I did use one on the other saw that I won all my championships with. That one ran on alcohol but this one runs on gas. I only use 1/2" pitch, full compliment chain on my big saws. I use 3/8" pitch chain, .058" gauge and a .063" gauge bar on my 655 Poulan.
Art Martin

Back