Ok, here we go again (Stihl 011AVT)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffpack1957

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've decided I want to have a spare chain for my main 3 saws (Jonsered 2041, Stihl MS310, and Stihl 011AVT)

On the 011, theres this "Picco" marking on the bar, and near as I can tell, a picco chain is a different beast for cutting versus a full chisel?
So I see Picco chains (Micro) (55link) and full/semi chisel chains. Am I to assume the smaller saw requires a picco/Micro chain?

Its a 16in bar on the Stihl if that matters.

Is there a Rapid Micro, instead of the Picco Micro?

I'm way confused now :)

3005 008 4813 bar 3/8 Picco (that seems to be different from a regular 3/8?) .050 chain

Stihl states the "recommended" chain 63PMC3-55 which I havent a clue if thats what's actually on it.

You want a 63PM semi- or 63PS full- picco/ lo pro chains Those chains with the 3 suffix have the stupid safety bumpers most experienced users avoid.

3/8 picco/lo pro IS NOT the same as regular 3/8", drivers are different and require different drive/bar sprockets to match the chain.

Note the "C" suffix on Stihl chains are supposedly lower vibration "comfort" chains.

Latest posts

Back