Ol’ Wayne Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My neighbor gave me is old Wayne Chipper. Not sure of the size/model yet. It does have the Chrysler 318.

I read in here where to get knives for it…

What I need is a place/shop that can help with the push fan. Mine is gone. Ripped off and who knows where… the flywheel had three bolts. One sheared off inside the flywheel. One broke off outside and the other (which was heli-coiled and prolly why) bent and broke off.

The neighbors all seem to agree it ran several years ago but no one but the previous owner mentioned the fan.

The clutch lever also drops hard but I read a bit from someone here that there may be a cotter pin or something missing…

Back to the fan…

I found 3” 4 hole spacers and ol’ style automotive fans that seem like the would work to push enough cfm to throw the chips out the chute. But they are 4 hole for the early big three motors…and I could have a machinist drill the 3 holes into the spacers.

Anyone have pics of their fan, ideas on parts for these old girls or meaningful suggestions? Precise measurements on the 3 hole pattern or luck tapping the center hole of the flywheel and just using a shaft?

I really do want to bring her back to life.

Got the manual from here. Read the few threads on these but cannot find much else excepts youtube videos.

Thank you,
James in Morgan Hill, CA

Attachments

• IMG_2059.jpeg
    IMG_2059.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2073.jpeg
    IMG_2073.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Back