online stores that ship to Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalmos

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey,

Few more questions related to buying online:

1. What are some online stores that ship to Canada?
2. If the saw ever needed waranty work how would that be handled? Could I take to local shop for warranty work if I bought the saw online?
3. Is it a bad idea to buy online?

...Peter

Email me with what you need to know...you arent in Canada?? MN??

You are going to find some good deals online...but on the same token...if you pay the couple bucks extra and deal with your local guy, when you have a problem...he will look after you alot better than if you brought in a saw bought elsewhere...unless your local guy is right out to lunch..try to deal there...

Someone buying their first or second saw is going to need a LOT more dealer support than someone who has owned saws for 10-20 years and can rebuild one blindfolded. I assume from your inquiring posts concerning what saw to buy that you aren't extra familiar with saws. No offense, but it might be smarter in the long run to find a good local dealer and buy from him. A couple dollars saved online will be lost on the first or second trip to the dealer, not to mention the 'goodwill' factor.

Yes, I live in Minnesota my father lives in Winnipeg, MB.

This being the first chainsaw purchase, he is most likely going to buy from local dealer for the same reasons you guys mentioned. He did mention that he found a local dealer that was quite helpfull.

Based on my research done here he went down to see the Husky 55 (not R) and 351. He does like them both but the dealer didn't have any demo ones that he could test drive :(. Dealer said that 55 is going out of production now and it may be harder to get parts in about 10yrs as opposed to 351. Any comments on that statement? :blob1:

Tell your dad to get a couple extra air filters, fuel lines and impulse hoses and he ought to be good for the next millenium with the 55, as long as he treats the saw right. As far as bigger pieces like handles and tanks that could be damaged if he ran over it or something, there will always be parts saws around to scavenge from. Local dealer is an A+ idea. Russ

US stores

Check out Baileys site. They list it in a US and a CDN dollars so I take it they are used to shipping to Canada. Thanks Dieseldog!:D

You can order a catalogue from a major supplier from their Canadian office, despite it being an American concern. I have ordered stuff from mail order in the States before, just be very careful that it is well insured as I had three cassette decks go missing in shipment back in the 80s. Just make sure your supplier is dealing with a major carrier like UPS, Fed Ex or the like- the mail works OK too if you are not in a hurry. Clearing it through customs can be a Royal Pain in the A**-you are better to get it delivered to you in Mn and hand carry it as "professional goods" to you father and leave it on a visit.

Latest posts

Back