Oppama pulse engine tachometer Pet 2000 DXR

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndySP

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi trying this again got no replys first time,does anyone use one of these and can help me with proper instructions i have the manual but the options in the pic attached will not come up on mine.Idle rpms are no problem but hi revs I cant get a steady reading.taco 2.jpg

That steady reading you’re struggling to get is possibly to do with limited ignition coils. Many modern 2 coils have built in circuitry to adjust / advance and limit spark. When the limiter kicks in, unless you have a tachometer that can read limited coils, you’ll get gibberish - it will jump around with all different numbers and won’t stay steady.

My advise is to not buy an expensive edt9 - it’s not very good. Instead, use your tach knowing the second the numbers start jumping around you’ve hit the limiter. You can set stock engines there and they’ll be safe. The manual specs will tell you the max rpm is “rev limited ….” Set it and forget unless you want to dive into the subtleties of tuning.

Latest posts

Back