Oregon chains any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oregon uses Crusty Dog terds for thier cutter alloy, and renolds wrap for chrome. As noted by the whole gang, they don't hold up, but are nice and smooth, and easy to file. In thier defense, LGX is as fast as Stihl RSC for the first couple cuts.

Most of the time I can't cut for a full tank before needing the file when running LGX in stuff that hasn't been skided. Ya can't even walk past a dirty log with LGX on the saw without needing the file... don't even consider it.

If it's a price issue, and ya don't mind a bit more Vibe, Bailys/Carlton chisel holds up a hell of lot better, and is even cheaper than the Oregon Dog terds.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Pretty much my take also, although I did not know about the ''crusty dog turds''. Shows how smart I am , I always thought it was made from cheese. :cheers:

Pretty much my take also, although I did not know about the ''crusty dog turds''. Shows how smart I am , I always thought it was made from cheese. :cheers:

LOL!!!

Cheese turns green. I have a half dozen loops of LGX hanging in the barn without refrigeration and they havn't turned green yet, so I am assuming it is crusty dog terds cuz for cutting they STINK.:D!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I use LGX for 3/8 and LPX for .325 and I really like both of them. I like to touch the chain up at each fueling - good forced rest - so I haven't noticed them dulling. I really like the price. These are all I buy now.

The dolmar dealer will sell me a 28" chain for $16. The stihl dealer wanted $30 for one. I can almost buy 2 for 1 with the oregon.

Is Oregon chain any good? Is a ducks a$$ watertight?

It's the best darn chain money can buy!!!

Latest posts

Back