Oregon Logging show

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Rob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Going, as a spectator, to my first logging show. Don’t know if there are any other interested folks from NW Oregon or SW Washington, but here is the link. http://www.vernonia.com/jamboree.htm
the photo album has some good photos of the competition from last year.
Note the 90 Lbs Woman running the big husky.

Looks like BIG fun to me.I wished they had events like this on my side of the country.

Can you find more out about the show for me? What size of saws, what size of wood, Dead or live start and how many cuts. etc. If they have a class for me I will bring my Rotax as well as my Predator for veiwing if nothing else.

The only info I was able to find was in the flyer that said they would have a 4-5, 5-6 and unlimited class.

OK. Oregon Rob, I'll be there for the unlimited class, look for me with the white dually 1 ton Dodge with a V8 hotsaw in the back and Rotax hiding there also. Hope to meet you Sunday, noon they say it starts.

Sounds good, I will see you there! Don't think I will have much trouble finding you.

Rotax and Predator win again, kind of!

Well, we had a good time at the Vernonia logging show. Robert came down and ran Rotax and came out with the best time for the hot saws, but somehow score keeping screwed up at trophy time and gave his first place to someone else. But Predator was not to be reckoned with, a 24” doug fir log in 1.2 seconds.
There were no questions on that one.

Robert, great to meet ya and thanks for coming down and wowing the crowd.

:blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

Good ole Oregon Rob made 2 mistakes on his trip to Vernonia, 1st, the cut with the Predator was 1.12 not 1.2 ....2nd mistake was not comming over after the show and Drinking a few beers and getting the Predator V8 hat I had for him. Now he has to wait a whole year or for the next show we are both at. Sorry Oregon that I could not B.S. with you more early on, but I was busy switching setups on saws etc. I will say though, that I thought it was a great show and thanks for telling me about it. Morton Show is next, nothin like pitting a bunch of 500cc saws against my 325cc Rotax.

And for the record, I don't think bears stop forest fires but I do think forest fires stop bears.

Morton is Labor Day weekend right, Robert? Dennis should be coming, with my tuned Shindaiwa, my third 10 lb, 3 cube saw. that Craftsman sucks, the Husky 346 is unreal, and the 488 should be just fine, esp 1/2 lb lighter than the others.

And the show is a biggie, I think you told me, so I wont be able to enter? Can you confirm that, puleeze. If there's any chance of entry, perhaps you could get me a phone number.

many thanxxx,

the dodg

We craned out 3400 board feet in three trees today, mighty close quarters. My guy had to rent a 20 ton boom truck, as his 17 tonner was in the shop, But it had no block system, so it could only winch up a 9600 lb log. And we did one over that, an 1100 board foot stick, 28 inch top, 44 inch butt, 35 foot long...oops. Got it on the ground no problem with the boom.
Pheww.

Sorry RB. Morton is this weekend, it is a A.L.A. Pro show, so you have to belong to get in and the entry date has already passed. Not to burst your bubble, but you don't have a saw that would compete as this is an (open class) race with the smallest saws starting at about 250cc on up to 600cc ...you need at least 60 to 70 hp. to be competitive at this show, and most saws have more.

Darn, I'll miss it. We're in darrington all weekend climbing and dropping 8 big maple.

Isnt Dennis coming down LD weekend?

I didnt get to see the NHRA show. Congrats anyhow, that is great, for sure....

Latest posts

Back