• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy P60 rings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute. We need to establish if these are what you need. I am not going to take these back. There are about five sets. They are just loose and not marked. They may be used or new, or some of each. There are at least two different thicknesses of rings. Let's narrow this down to something besides price. What do your old ones measure? Why are you replacing them? What is the size of the groove in your piston? How is the bore in your p-60?
I am not a supply house and can not guarantee what these are exactly for your saw.. I have built many many saws and got these from a man that also built many saws. He is gone now so I can not ask what was the exact application. If I would use these I would first see about the thickness and then about the size of the end gap after I squared them in the bore. I can't do that for you as I have no p-60 cylinder. I know you are anxious to get this saw together but let's take some time to get this right.

Read this
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/pioneer-p60-low-compression.196851/When I was big into building thin 2100 Huskys, I would only replace the rings when they were a certain distance back to front and the end gap was excessive. Most of this thin ring stuff is voodo to a lot of guys. Loggers loved the thin ring pistons and would just replace the rings once a year. The low drag (tension) made more power and was easy on the cylinder walls. 90 pounds on the string can become a lot of compression at 10K

Read this
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/pioneer-p60-low-compression.196851/When I was big into building thin 2100 Huskys, I would only replace the rings when they were a certain distance back to front and the end gap was excessive. Most of this thin ring stuff is voodo to a lot of guys. Loggers loved the thin ring pistons and would just replace the rings once a year. The low drag (tension) made more power and was easy on the cylinder walls. 90 pounds on the string can become a lot of compression at

Back