Parts and Shop Manual for Stihl 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a service manual and ipl for a Stihl 044?
Thanks in advance.

Check your inbox.
Hi Ray,
I would GREATLY appreciate it if you would send me service manual/parts list for 044 Stihl saw! I have one I bought years ago when I heated with wood for a couple of years. I loaned it to a neighbor (yeah...mistake #1). And it "died" according to him while cutting a dogwood at ground level. I found it was not getting fuel. I put in a carb kit and took off the muffler and carb to view as much of piston skirt as I could see...absolutely pristine. Shelved the project for several years and now looking to get it going again. It is a W. Germany unit...still have original box, user manual, and registered warranty card.
After finally doing more testing I'm leaning towards the pulse tube as being the culprit...not pulling gas into the carb. Thanks for any help you can provide in terms of the documentation above. It also had a periodic squeak that that I'm guessing/hoping to be clutch bearing related...your documentation will be a Godsend if I have to dig further.
Thank You!!!
Mike T. ([email protected])

Hi Ray,
I would GREATLY appreciate it if you would send me service manual/parts list for 044 Stihl saw! I have one I bought years ago when I heated with wood for a couple of years. I loaned it to a neighbor (yeah...mistake #1). And it "died" according to him while cutting a dogwood at ground level. I found it was not getting fuel. I put in a carb kit and took off the muffler and carb to view as much of piston skirt as I could see...absolutely pristine. Shelved the project for several years and now looking to get it going again. It is a W. Germany unit...still have original box, user manual, and registered warranty card.
After finally doing more testing I'm leaning towards the pulse tube as being the culprit...not pulling gas into the carb. Thanks for any help you can provide in terms of the documentation above. It also had a periodic squeak that that I'm guessing/hoping to be clutch bearing related...your documentation will be a Godsend if I have to dig further.
Thank You!!!
Mike T.
Check your inbox.

Back