• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold ***Pending*** Rough 262xp ***Pending***

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt I'm going to have the time to mess with this but it was given to me by a client. It had been left out in the open, exposed to all conditions, possibly for a few years. I have no way of knowing. I have no idea what was wrong with, if anything, prior to it being left out. Photos should tell all, assume the worst. I did not open up the flywheel side yet, but again, rust would be a safe assumption. I might have time in a few days to crack into it further, but it's low priority at this point.
Yep, there it is.

Yep, there it is.

What is the "it" in your post referencing?

I forgot to mention in the OP, no clutch cover.

I'm not really looking to get much of anything for this, just like for it to go to a good home; either someone who would want it for a project, or someone who would salvage parts off it.

What is the "it" in your post referencing?

I forgot to mention in the OP, no clutch cover.

I'm not really looking to get much of anything for this, just like for it to go to a good home; either someone who would want it for a project, or someone who would salvage parts off it.
The it is the saw.
Just seems there are plenty of "for sale" ads with no prices these days, this one didn't even say taking offers or anything lol.
At least now you've said not looking to get much, still not sure how much that is. I like an actual number as it saves a lot of time dancing around what you think not much is and what others think not much is, why waste peoples time.

That's fair. If i thought the saw was worth much, I'dve stated a price. It was given to me for free. I'm not going to turn around and try and sell it for $100 in it's current condition. I don't know what a realistic price for this would even be. Wanna make an offer?

I looked at prices online for replacement parts. It's not cost effective for most people to get this saw running again. The piston is heavily scored/marred, so just getting the rust off isn't an option.

The cylinder is, surprisingly, in decent shape....about the only other thing aside from the case and plastic parts.

So if someone wants to make an offer, feel free. Shipping will be the biggest factor, probably ~$20-25 depending on zip code. Let's call this a low-baller's delight, alright?

That's fair. If i thought the saw was worth much, I'dve stated a price. It was given to me for free. I'm not going to turn around and try and sell it for $100 in it's current condition. I don't know what a realistic price for this would even be. Wanna make an offer?

I looked at prices online for replacement parts. It's not cost effective for most people to get this saw running again. The piston is heavily scored/marred, so just getting the rust off isn't an option.

The cylinder is, surprisingly, in decent shape....about the only other thing aside from the case and plastic parts.

So if someone wants to make an offer, feel free. Shipping will be the biggest factor, probably ~$20-25 depending on zip code. Let's call this a low-baller's delight, alright?
So somewhere between something and $99 :laugh:.
Shoot I sell stuff I'm given on a normal basis, but then again I give plenty of stuff away too, it all goes around I figure and if I'm given something it's now mine to do what I wish :).
I don't need one, or I'd make you an offer, maybe. There's one or two guys on here that have missed me making a purchase from them because they wanted me to value what they were selling which I thought was kinda odd.
Parts saws like these can be valuable to the right individual especially if they already have the other parts to make a runner and just need a few off this one. I bought a nice choke lever like this one off Ebay a few yrs ago, didn't pay much, but if I needed a few other smalls off this one and it was back then I would probably have it on the way.
Sure someone will have an interest in it. It may make more sense if someone from the left coast needs it since you're in Cali.

I know where you're coming from and appreciate your view. If the saw was in better shape, I'd have no objection to making a buck off it. However, it's in rough shape; I'm just trying to give somebody a nice deal. As well, if the saw was worth something TO ME, I might be more inclined to ask a reasonable price. But, as stated, I don't have the time or money to put into this saw (not to mention I have two 562's and don't need this in my lineup.) It's worth to me whatever the first interested person wants to offer, cash, or anyone with an interesting trade.

Also, I'm currently in Nashville, TN for the next 10-14 weeks, depending on if the rains come early or not in Humboldt. Just FYI for shipping purposes.

I know where you're coming from and appreciate your view. If the saw was in better shape, I'd have no objection to making a buck off it. However, it's in rough shape; I'm just trying to give somebody a nice deal. As well, if the saw was worth something TO ME, I might be more inclined to ask a reasonable price. But, as stated, I don't have the time or money to put into this saw (not to mention I have two 562's and don't need this in my lineup.) It's worth to me whatever the first interested person wants to offer, cash, or anyone with an interesting trade.

Also, I'm currently in Nashville, TN for the next 10-14 weeks, depending on if the rains come early or not in Humboldt. Just FYI for shipping purposes.
You gonna be cutting out there.
Did you make it to Opryland, nice on a hot day to get out of the weather. Was down there in December a few yrs ago and got to check out the Christmas lights and all, good time with the family.

You gonna be cutting out there.
Did you make it to Opryland, nice on a hot day to get out of the weather. Was down there in December a few yrs ago and got to check out the Christmas lights and all, good time with the family.

I have to clean up a Black Willow (supposedly, not convinced it's not a Water Hickory, but i've never been around when it would be flowering or making nuts) that hit my mom's garage. My grandparents had some big limbs down off a Stink Tree, but they didn't want to wait a week for me to get back to take care of it. Got some people to call about part-time work for the Summer, but I can't do full time, as I have a 1000 sq.ft. garden at my grandparents' house I tend to, as well as their needs (in pretty poor health.) I may be moving back here after next year's burn season, so I'll be looking into full-time jobs in Middle and East TN for 2020/2021, and possibly a small community in West TN.

Opryland, lol. Opryland hasn't been open for 20+ years. There's still the Hotel and Oprymills Mall, but no Opryland. Man, I miss the hell outta that place. We used to go to the Hotel for the Christmas decorations most years. Before he died of cancer, they had a live piano player who would play in the backdrop (on the 4th or 5th floor) with the "Dancing Waters" water and light show on the ground level that went to the music. Good times. Thanks for the rush of memories!

I have to clean up a Black Willow (supposedly, not convinced it's not a Water Hickory, but i've never been around when it would be flowering or making nuts) that hit my mom's garage. My grandparents had some big limbs down off a Stink Tree, but they didn't want to wait a week for me to get back to take care of it. Got some people to call about part-time work for the Summer, but I can't do full time, as I have a 1000 sq.ft. garden at my grandparents' house I tend to, as well as their needs (in pretty poor health.) I may be moving back here after next year's burn season, so I'll be looking into full-time jobs in Middle and East TN for 2020/2021, and possibly a small community in West TN.

Opryland, lol. Opryland hasn't been open for 20+ years. There's still the Hotel and Oprymills Mall, but no Opryland. Man, I miss the hell outta that place. We used to go to the Hotel for the Christmas decorations most years. Before he died of cancer, they had a live piano player who would play in the backdrop (on the 4th or 5th floor) with the "Dancing Waters" water and light show on the ground level that went to the music. Good times. Thanks for the rush of memories!
Whoops, its still opryland to me lol.
The Christmas decorations outside used to be awesome, took the family there expecting what they were 30yrs ago and I was highly disappointed, the good thing is they had not seen them so they didn't know any different.
I guess it is the hotel we were at, not the rest though.
This, you tell me.

Attachments

• 20161204_151858.jpg
    20161204_151858.jpg
    803.5 KB
Whoops, its still opryland to me lol.
The Christmas decorations outside used to be awesome, took the family there expecting what they were 30yrs ago and I was highly disappointed, the good thing is they had not seen them so they didn't know any different.
I guess it is the hotel we were at, not the rest though.
This, you tell me.

Oh wow, did they not have the whole "enchanted" forest thing and all the snowscapes and statues then? I haven't been since 2006, and it was years before that. I hope the rock tunnel and waterfall is still there. The outside was disappointing the last time I went, as well. They had begun dumping all their money/energy into the ice-rink by that point, if that's even still there.

And I'm just being finnicky about the name. I assume it's still the Opryland Hotel, though with that family and their greed, you never know. Opryland proper was the amusement park. I hope you got to go there at least once in your life.

Did it sell :).

I listed it as pending, but for all intents and purposes, it's sold. I'm surprised arboristsite doesn't allow editing of the subject heading/thread title.

I still have to get a shipping quote, which entails boxing everything up to ship to get an accurate weight, but it'll be a few days. The veggie garden and other odd chores for my grandparents are taking up most of my time right now.

Chipper, did you ever get to go to the Opryland amusement park? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

I listed it as pending, but for all intents and purposes, it's sold. I'm surprised arboristsite doesn't allow editing of the subject heading/thread title.

I still have to get a shipping quote, which entails boxing everything up to ship to get an accurate weight, but it'll be a few days. The veggie garden and other odd chores for my grandparents are taking up most of my time right now.

Chipper, did you ever get to go to the Opryland amusement park? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.
I never went there, I went to Nashville auto diesel back in 89. I remember seeing the wave pool off the bypass, but thats it.

You should be able to "edit title", its a button on the top right of your add. Hover over it and then select the proper designation selling/want to sell(our) in this situation and then you can get to the title of the ad and change it. Some forums do not allow for changes to the title or the original post because folks have changed listings and such :eek:, makes perfect sense to me as ive seen plenty of funny business in ads here as well as other forums. Some forums also will not let you sell anything without a certain number of posts.

Yea, I can't remember what the old name was, but that wave-pool has expanded into a full -blown water park (Nashville Shores.) Was the giant solar array there when you were driving by? I don't know what year they set it up, but it's been there for as long as I can recall. I was born in '87; we visited family in Nashville every year until we moved here in '94.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't even see the "Thread Tools" button :dumb:

Yotaismygame: I'm hoping to get to the post office this morning to ship out some books. Getting ready to climb up into the attic and scrounge for a box. If I can find one suitable, i'll package the saw up and get an estimate on shipping.

Yea, I can't remember what the old name was, but that wave-pool has expanded into a full -blown water park (Nashville Shores.) Was the giant solar array there when you were driving by? I don't know what year they set it up, but it's been there for as long as I can recall. I was born in '87; we visited family in Nashville every year until we moved here in '94.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't even see the "Thread Tools" button :dumb:

Yotaismygame: I'm hoping to get to the post office this morning to ship out some books. Getting ready to climb up into the attic and scrounge for a box. If I can find one suitable, i'll package the saw up and get an estimate on shipping.
Nice, I'll have to take the family down there to the water park some day. We plan on going through there next summer on our way to FL so maybe that would be a good half way point. I don't remember the solar panels.

Glad I could help.

Should be 15-20 to get it shipped to him depending on what carrier and if he needs a signature.

Latest posts

Back