Picked up a interesting saw today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roanoker494

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Everyone has probably seen the early Roper built Craftsman 3.7 chainsaws like this one

100_2421.jpg

But this is the first actual Roper branded version I have ever seen (You may have seen it on Ebay)

KGrHqYOKo0E4uCiWPG3BOD6FQunQ60_3.jpg

KGrHqYOKkE5EZLEcrGBOD6OkTNw60_3.jpg

KGrHqIOKo8E5VLzPRQYBOD6HkUzw60_3.jpg

KGrHqIOKnME4JEkdHBOD6J4Cg60_3.jpg

Seems that there was also a Massey Ferguson 370 and a Scotsman 37, anyone got one of these they want to part with?

Cool find Johnnie!

I saw one of those about 24 years ago. It was blue and white though. Other than that, it looked exactly the same (Roper and 61cc badging, cracked AF cover, etc). It was in the stable of old saws that my high school used for a short forrestry class. That class was only a few weeks long, and was part of a freshman industrial arts program (which also included metal shop, wood shop, and ag/farming). I think my class was the last year of it. Fall of 1987. Wish I had been able to get the saws from that class. Lots of neat old Homelites, McCullochs, and some obscure stuff..............like that Roper.:D

I have a Craftsman one that is blue but looks just like it. Mine is missing the recoil and air filter. I think the cover is cracked too. I don't remember.

Latest posts

Back