Poll : Do you like to know?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you appreciate it when a deal found on ebay or elswhere are posted on this forum?

• Post away I appreciate reading the deals

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Don't Post I don't need to know

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters
this is one time ,im kinda glad i dont understand to much o this.
its apparent that this is a big issue to some but i wouldnt give it more than a casual ,passng interest.hate to be this way as its a form of rejection ,but enuff said, at least by me.. later now.:)

Originally posted by treeclimber165

Don't ask the question if you cannot handle the answer.
You asked the question, why get offended at the response? Put me down for a no.

Last time I checked...

"Welcome to free enterprise and an open forum"

Last time I checked free enterprise on this forum was limited to paying sponsors, as it should be. As for an open forum, it certainly isn't do as you please.

The question at hand seems silly. People interested in eBay saws probably are pretty much tuned in to how to use an eBay search and what a is a "good deal". I certainly enjoy John in MA postings of the ridiculous and absurd auctions. As for the legitimate ones, I would be pretty upset if I was high bidder, sneaking away with a deal only to have the bidding jacked up by all of the chainsaw enthusiasts being pointed to that particular auction. You really aren't doing anyone any favors (except maybe the seller)by posting "deals" because by stimulating interest you have probably ruined a deal by someone.

Finally, the thought had occurred to me that these "deals" that you enjoy bringing to the forum might be your auctions? I hope not. (not accusing, just typing out loud)

Re: I understand Tony Marks

Originally posted by don
Did get over 2000 views and averaged over 20 per post.

When I read the posts on this forum, I start with the last unread thread and advance through using the 'next thread' link. When one opens up that I don't want to read, I keep going to the next one. But it has registered as a 'view'. Just because people clicked through your thread doesn't mean they actually read it.

General Comments Great feedback

Where did I come out and say I am mad? Are you reading between the lines.

Don't go away mad; Your opinions on any number of things are welcome. Let's let the rabid E-Pay'ers alone.

You asked the question, why get offended at the response? Put me down for a no.

Don't ask the question if you cannot handle the answer.

Last time I checked free enterprise on this forum was limited to paying sponsors, as it should be.

Hey Newfie ... you think those long multiple and lengthy discussions about which person we should send our saw to get modified is not free advertising? I see quite a few people add a one liner like "call me at the shop" or Get in touch with this guy and you'll get a better deal." I see nothing wrong with this and if the moderator wants to remove those users they have the right to terminate anyone of us.

Since I have signed onto this site I have received several invited and uninvited solicitations to buy saw products and supplies. Because of this site I saved allot of time and money and even picked up a few people I would consider swapping saws with.

Finally, the thought had occurred to me that these "deals" that you enjoy bringing to the forum might be your auctions? I hope not. (not accusing, just typing out loud)

I think we can search past strings and find people who have posted their auctions on this forum.

Great feedback, keep it up. Got to say it is a pleasure.

Hey! What about me! I didn't get quoted! What are WinBots? I feel left out.... :cry:

Nickrosis

PS...I'm actually having the time of my life on this site tonight. :)

Originally posted by Nickrosis

PS...I'm actually having the time of my life on this site tonight. :)

Awww, you're just thinking about the heart shaped .... ummmm, aw you know what I mean. :p

I want to ...

display only certain levels of ignorance at any one time.

Although I constantly violate the rule. So Nickrosis Please don't feel left out. There is so much for you to do here.

Latest posts

Back