Poulan 3400 3700 4000 etc fuel lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought so..... the holes look the same... i have another carb i know is good just dirty.....from the one i had with a bad piston think i will rebuild it with a new kit order a filter and replace the bar and chain it runs starts right up the needles are way off...I thought they felt weird they were 4 turns out or more .... its to nice a piston to screw it up i can wait till i get the proper parts.....on the carb is K10-HDB. the right kit?
Yes, or the D10 for just the diaphragms & gaskets. 4 turns out sounds like both the fuel pump and metering are shot.

At least you can tune it with it all together, not like the smaller S25DA I'm trying to tune. It's now over 100 degrees here, too dam hot for running a saw...

wish they did not loose these pics that mark had posted
Does Modifiedmark still have his original photos?
I've got one pretty clean low use Sears 3.7 and a second one that's pretty rough. The nice one had such dry, brittle fuel line that it simply blew away when I blew off the sawdust.
The rough one *might* have things in place still.
If needed, I could try to set up and get some pics of whatever I have and can find.
Here's a couple of collages from some larger pics of the nice one.
you can see that the fuel line is gone in the dusted off pic.Copy of collage 1st works part 1.JPG Copy of collage first works part 2.JPG

no no he had it at 4 turns...... its right around one turn each now a lil rich but still has the screen in the muffler its..... 4 stroking out of wood....once i get a air filter i will try and get it tuned in wood.... still seems a lil rich but don't want to try to run it till i put an air filter on it..... he mangled the one it had....he being the guy i bought it from kid got from another kid it was his grand fathers..... early 20's never run a saw before..... good thing they did not get it running they would have killed it for sure.....and yes i swear im going to cut a test cover for micros and s25 saws so i can tune it and once tuned put the original back on.....some of the micro saws have it....poulan s23 and the husqvarna 23 compact have holes....

yea mark did some really nice tutorials even a numb nuts like me could under stand it LOL....

so old thread... but if anyone is still watching...
does the #6 panhead screw go inside the tank on the vent line or on the outside???

so old thread... but if anyone is still watching...
does the #6 panhead screw go inside the tank on the vent line or on the outside???

Using a screw like that for a vent line it goes on the outside. Just to stop fuel leaking out enough, but the threads allow air in to vent the tank and keep from forming a vacuum and stopping fuel delivery.

Latest posts

Back