Poulan 3400 Bow Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Wiggs said. As far as the bow, I have seen the bow and chain bring that by itself, but I'm not sure that I have seen a 3400 bow saw bring over $300.

The bow part is not a special part on the 3400, but it does need cut to clear it. Now on the other hand a 306A/245A needs several unique parts to mount a bow, so to me, they would be more valuble as a bow saw.

What Wiggs said. As far as the bow, I have seen the bow and chain bring that by itself, but I'm not sure that I have seen a 3400 bow saw bring over $300.

The bow part is not a special part on the 3400, but it does need cut to clear it. Now on the other hand a 306A/245A needs several unique parts to mount a bow, so to me, they would be more valuble as a bow saw.

I agree. It takes more parts for the 306/245 so it would probably make it worth more.

If you get a poulan bow saw I would go for a 5200. The 3400 is okay but really underpowered for a bow in my opinion. I have seen 3400 bow saws around here go for $250.00 and the 5200 go for $300.00. I you have not ever used a bow before ask for pointers before use, and once you actually use a bow for small stuff you wont want to put it down.

I think you should buy it and pump it up. I have wanted to do it to one of mine, but cant bring myself to. Mine have a huge squish and I know they would wake up with dropping the cylinder and a little smoothing. They make awesome torque :rock:

Offer them a hundred and go from there.
If you don't like it you can always put it in the Poulan only classifieds in the Poulan Lovers Group and........"let the games begin"!

If you get a poulan bow saw I would go for a 5200. The 3400 is okay but really underpowered for a bow in my opinion. I have seen 3400 bow saws around here go for $250.00 and the 5200 go for $300.00. I you have not ever used a bow before ask for pointers before use, and once you actually use a bow for small stuff you wont want to put it down.

Please find me a nice $300 5200 will you? There's none around here bow, or otherwise.

Did you get the chance yet to look up the 306/245 seal numbers yet?

Highjack over.

Brad, get the 3400 bow, if you don't like it, I'll take it.

I am glad you reminded me about the seals. My finals will be over tomorrow so I will have time to get the numbers. I was preparing for finals this morning around 8 and finished my second final around 5, and have a corporate finance final that will require about another 6 hours of studying for tomorrow. After that I get a month off from school and need it. How many seals do you need? I might have some new ones on hand I can give you along with part numbers.

I am glad you reminded me about the seals. My finals will be over tomorrow so I will have time to get the numbers. I was preparing for finals this morning around 8 and finished my second final around 5, and have a corporate finance final that will require about another 6 hours of studying for tomorrow. After that I get a month off from school and need it. How many seals do you need. I might have some new ones on hand I can give you along with part numbers.

I actually have a set or two here, but am always looking for alternitives to NOS parts gougers, since I couldnt come up with the one narrow seal

No hurry, good luck on the finals.

Latest posts

Back