Poulan counter vibe 3400 & 4000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HunterDTX

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Just got a poulan 3400 & 4000 the other week off marketplace. I was wondering if anyone could recommended a carb kit/repair kit I could order. From what i have heard and researched so far I see that both these models parts are pretty interchangable between them, could anyone attest to that? I would like to get the 4000 running first and was wondering if I can pull parts from the 3400. Any and all tips/recommendations welcomed, I still got a lot to learn about repairing saws so any guidance is much obliged! Appreciate yall!

Hey Hotshot! Would you by chance know of what kind/where i could find some gasket material? I finally got the carb rebuilt, but can't seem to find a gasket for the whole carb (not sure the name but the gasket between carb and engine.) This one is super dry rotted. Any help would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    283.4 KB
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    294.8 KB
Any auto parts store has FelPro gasket sheets. Try an O’Reillys or AutoZone in your area.

That gasket is 5300-19099, some do show up on internet auction sites.

Also check the two bolts down at the intake manifold where it meets the cylinder, known to get loose & fairly hard to get to w/o pulling the cylinder.

Hey Hotshot! Would you by chance know of what kind/where i could find some gasket material? I finally got the carb rebuilt, but can't seem to find a gasket for the whole carb (not sure the name but the gasket between carb and engine.) This one is super dry rotted. Any help would be appreciated!!
Easy enough to make for sure. But guys are making them all and selling on ebay now.

I mean for this cost. My time worth way more. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2961736951...zkJxsww==|tkp:Bk9SR-Dgq4TSZA&var=594263349049

Any auto parts store has FelPro gasket sheets. Try an O’Reillys or AutoZone in your area.

That gasket is 5300-19099, some do show up on internet auction sites.

Also check the two bolts down at the intake manifold where it meets the cylinder, known to get loose & fairly hard to get to w/o pulling the cylinder.
noted, Thank you! I sure will take a look at those bolts! Appreciate the pointers! Ive been having a blast learning about these old school saws!

Back