Poulan Pro 3450 tank vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I purchased this 3450 better than a month ago from a pawn shop. Rubber isolators were shot so I ordered new and installed them. Carb cleaned and new fuel line/filter and she was up and running good. The first time I got a chance to use it, filled the tank and fuel ran out on the left hand side. There it sat til tonight. Pulled the rear handle off and the tank vent was missing. Checked the poulan site and the parts are still available but I stock the Husky tube style vent that is in the 55 and others. Some will think the following info is worthless due to oe parts being available but this conversion is an option. Besides who knows how long the oe part will be available.
Husky number 501 8731-01

attachment.php

The original vent hole is approx 3/4" deep so you have some room to work.
First drill a 1/4" hole through the original vent "bucket". Due to the size of the collar on the Husky tube, the outer diameter will have to be countersunk so the tube sits flush with the exterior of the tank. Bit size is 11/32.

attachment.php

Tube will fit tight and if countersunk correctly, will sit flush.

attachment.php

Finished product. No more leaks.

attachment.php

Not sure what models this covers but I'm sure the poulan guru's will chime in on that one.

This is the saw I did the conversion on. Should help others determine if this info applies.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is the saw I did the conversion on. Should help others determine if this info applies.

Nice looking saw! I like that series a lot. A couple of us here decided we didn't like them big old 3 tooth dawgs very much.:dizzy:

I cut mine down using a 4-1/2 inch metal cutting wheel on my Dewalt cordless grinder and turned it into a 4 tooth dawg kind
of patterned after a Stihl that I had sitting on my bench.

I only spent about 10 minutes working on it, I think the results are pretty good.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:greenchainsaw:

That turned out good. I also thought the dawg was a bit different. Has anythone made an outside dawg for these?

Latest posts

Back