Poulan Pro 655

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you cannot hear it run, it could be an expensive auction purchase. Money pit, if it needs a cylinder or if you are not a very very patient person, if it needs the cylinder re-chromed. Even good condition handles and such are not as easy to find as they were.

I would put it in the same group as 1100-2100 Husqs and 056 Stihls, fun to own, expensive to fix if it has to be done OEM. Great saw to have in a collection, I would not want to hammer on one as my general purpose large saw, that is what the dime a dozen Stihl 660s are for.

Pulls a 36" bar like a 99cc reed valve should, which is way better than a 660. Much more similar to the Husq 394/5s than a 660. Compared to a 660 the 665 is almost 10% more awesome sucked through reeds and dumped out an excellent sounding exhaust.

Get one, maybe more.

If you cannot hear it run, it could be an expensive auction purchase. Money pit, if it needs a cylinder or if you are not a very very patient person, if it needs the cylinder re-chromed. Even good condition handles and such are not as easy to find as they were.

I would put it in the same group as 1100-2100 Husqs and 056 Stihls, fun to own, expensive to fix if it has to be done OEM. Great saw to have in a collection, I would not want to hammer on one as my general purpose large saw, that is what the dime a dozen Stihl 660s are for.

Pulls a 36" bar like a 99cc reed valve should, which is way better than a 660. Much more similar to the Husq 394/5s than a 660. Compared to a 660 the 665 is almost 10% more awesome sucked through reeds and dumped out an excellent sounding exhaust.

Get one, maybe more.
Yeah, they thump, hard

Well made the trek to the auction and was about 5-10 minutes after start. Sale bill said house sells first nothing about running two action rings. Well I didn't even get to see the saw has sold for $250. Another member was there and was standing near the sale wagon and missed seeing it sell.

Well made the trek to the auction and was about 5-10 minutes after start. Sale bill said house sells first nothing about running two action rings. Well I didn't even get to see the saw has sold for $250. Another member was there and was standing near the sale wagon and missed seeing it sell.
That sucks

Frustrating situation for sure, but there will be more 655 popping up for sale in Ohio. I see more of those than Husq 1100-2100s, typically in the $200.00-450.00 range.

Was headed to southern Ohio any way. At least I didn't stand around for several hours waiting for it to sell.

Back