powertune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
my question is to the increased compression of a power tuned saw.
will this not tend to shorten the life of the saw. not sayin it will ,just got me to thinking. i plan on picking one o mine and having it done . just havnt decided which yet.thanks tm

I would half to ask what work has been done to the saw and what is the current squish? These are importaint aspects of the saw. If you up the compression too much then you can only run the saw for a short bit then it needs to be shut down and allowed to cool. If you run the saw and it starts to heat up too much there will be pre-detination and that is not good for the jug or pistion.

hate to just show my ignorance about the subject. but some of these guys are usin powertuned saws for the daily grind. the exstra power has to come from increased compression or the motors torque. at least thats what i am thinking.
are these powertuned saws able to stand this exstra compression ,and last as well as a well as an untuned factory saw.
i know there was a post about this at one time.
i guess what im really asking is are their some 2-3yr old powertuned saws in use by professional loggers an such.

Latest posts

Back