Restoring/painting covers

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isn't that kind of weird ? not trying to start stuff at all but it is just something I have noticed many many times. I have old partners and some of those have a top cover that came from another saw or maybe a recoil. Those have some difference in color. Maybe that is what I am seeing in other saws too. But I have seen it in the trading post before and it seems that the saw is all original but two different shades of color.

I think some of it may be from heat or solar exposure and the rear handle may be discolored because of fuel...My Stihl is obviously a mixture of OEM and AM parts. The orange on some of the Stihls also turn brownish. I'm gonna leave the 290/039 as is, nice conversation piece..

I've yet to see any kind, type, or form of plastic left out in the elements, and within a relatively brief amount of time, begin the degradation process.

For whatever reason, here in the SW, the sun is brutal on materials. It just tears um up.

I've seen more paint jobs on vehicles that are only a few years old, that go all to Hell.

Back