Rotax Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncinco

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
2nd post to this site, and laughing my dup off at you guys. BTW, thanks for the leads on the pulley from several of you. Now when you say a Rotax saw, do you mean like a rotax engine, like in my snow mobile, made by Bombadier (thats bomb ba deer down here, and bomb bar dee yea for you guys way up in the woods). My reason for asking, other than curiousity, is that I have a 91 Ski-doo Mach Z that the suspension has given out on and I have had a terribel time getting replacement parts for. I have the motor bored out to 700 CCs and its piped with after markets. After looking at the super saws you guys have built (and some not so super) I was pondering how I could make that baby into a dust slinger. Even if I did not compete with it, it would be hilarious to start it up at the logging festival. The motor is liquid cooled now, so I would have to figure out how to adapt it I guess. Rather than junk it out or continue to look for parts, I could have one heck of a good time this winter building a monster saw. I used to run 120 across the ice, this has to be better fun than that! John Brooks

Hi John,

Well, right off the bat, the guy you want to talk to is likely Rotax Robert. Yes, to your question. These guys are taking sled engines & turning them into Hot Saws. I am nowhere near qualified to advise you on the engineering that goes into such a thing, but I am sure you will get lots of posts from guys who do.

Old Joe A. Bombardier would be proud.

Back