scored !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen44

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My first year burning wood - so all my budget went on the burner, installation & saw etc !

but off craigslist yesterday - got a 6 month old electric taskforce 5-ton splitter for $100.

Now I know it won't do everything - but it did good last night with some pretty large rounds that were really too heavy for me to lift - just had to do the edges first.

It will help me out till next year when I can look at the "real" splitters !

I even think when I come to re-sell- I'll get more than the $100 - judging by prices round here this year - madness !!!!

My first year burning wood - so all my budget went on the burner, installation & saw etc !

but off craigslist yesterday - got a 6 month old electric taskforce 5-ton splitter for $100.

Now I know it won't do everything - but it did good last night with some pretty large rounds that were really too heavy for me to lift - just had to do the edges first.

I even think when I come to re-sell- I'll get more than the $100 - judging by prices round here this year - madness !!!!

Good score indeed:clap: It pays to keep your eyes peeled!

A 5 ton splitter won't do much for ya. If that's all you want, you should have bought a good maul.

Last edited:
Back