Screws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, not the threads, just that locking machine work on the head of the screws where they seat. You can us any metric screw, just measure the thread count though, or look it up in the STIHL IPO. On what saw and which screws are you needing?

Good source of the Stihl locking screws is junkers that are just going to get scrapped. Clean them up, sort them out, and have a stockpile when you need one.

Good source of the Stihl locking screws is junkers that are just going to get scrapped. Clean them up, sort them out, and have a stockpile when you need one.
I always take them out if I scrap a saw ,200T's not applicable LOL!

No, not the threads, just that locking machine work on the head of the screws where they seat. You can us any metric screw, just measure the thread count though, or look it up in the STIHL IPO. On what saw and which screws are you needing?
Its an ms251c the intake manifold screws (4)

I read 4mm X 12mm on that IPL and being as how they are self tappers- no pitch required.
D4 = 4mm diameter

Duke's mixture. I was looking at 25 , for no particular reason.
Seems just working on this stuff there are three threads. You have threaded like most muffler screws, and most all vintage saws.
Then, like say on the starter cover of a hedge trimmer there are two different self tapping screws. Two in to metal, and three in to plastic. But, all five self tapping. Just different.
Most muffler screws on hand held blowers are self tapping. On back packs they threaded 5mm .8 .
Back pack blowers screws are self tapping in to plastic, but the ones that hold the starter on are 5 mm .8
The ones that hold the pan on may be either on clam shells.

Method to the madness ? Beats me.

Duke's mixture. I was looking at 25 , for no particular reason.
Seems just working on this stuff there are three threads. You have threaded like most muffler screws, and most all vintage saws.
Then, like say on the starter cover of a hedge trimmer there are two different self tapping screws. Two in to metal, and three in to plastic. But, all five self tapping. Just different.
Most muffler screws on hand held blowers are self tapping. On back packs they threaded 5mm .8 .
Back pack blowers screws are self tapping in to plastic, but the ones that hold the starter on are 5 mm .8
The ones that hold the pan on may be either on clam shells.

Method to the madness ? Beats me.

But, we are only talking about intake manifold screws on a 251C.

Latest posts

Back