Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seal dangit! Not deal.
Check your fuel and air lines. Make sure where they attach from the tank to the carb are not loose or the line damaged. The line itself may be old and need to be replaced. I just went through the exact thing you did and ended up replacing all the lines. I also found a little chunk of bug in the fuel line at the same time as well as the line rotting out under a clamp. All fuel and air lines.

OK, I stand corrected. I saw samples of plain Por-15 coated and uncoated sheet steel dump[ed in the Mississippi River for a year. Por-15 was unscathed. Maybe it is the steel underneath.

I have a fender that was OE, factory, in 1975, and was painted like a 40s chevrolet, Many coats of lacquer. It has tiny bubbles in about a 1/2" grid. a tiny bubble every 1/2 inch, more or less. That has to be the underlying steel, perhaps coupled with not thoroughly degreased before priming. It was ok for the first 30-40 years. Weird.
Maybe it is the Mexican steel on my truck since it was made in Mexico. Like I mentioned. I have other items that I have used it on and it is fine. That frame was blasted clean. Prepped with the POR15 pre- paint crap and painted. I'll just keep spraying it with Fluid Film.

We were out again around 9:30pm last night, and they are adequate to see and do things, but just not great at getting the light to the floor level. 12 foot ceilings. I think we're going to wait till the end of year sales and get something else, with deflectors. Sounds like she wants to try them out in the basement when we get different lights for the shop. I think with the lower ceiling they will be fine.
Honestly, I'm being picky and I like bright lights. I can always turn some off of it don't need the extra lights.
Don’t know if it’s an option but I’ve seen some shops with lights part way down on the walls, really helped with more light at floor level.

So a question for those familiar with engines on riders. ( I'm a 2 stroke only guy) I've been roped into working on a rider and it's giving me fits. My question is, knowing the case got flooded with gas due to a bad carb seal, could there be valve and or push rod damage and could it cause a " runs only on choke situation?"
Anytime I have this problem it is a collapsed fuel line from the tank, a bad fuel pump or suction line from the pump to the motor or a plugged up main jet passageway. I have done plenty of fixes on mowers and snowblowers with that same problem.

Check your fuel and air lines. Make sure where they attach from the tank to the carb are not loose or the line damaged. The line itself may be old and need to be replaced. I just went through the exact thing you did and ended up replacing all the lines. I also found a little chunk of bug in the fuel line at the same time as well as the line rotting out under a clamp. All fuel and air lines.
You might want to check the fuel tank if you haven't already. My had a bunch of earwigs in it. How they got there I don't know but I removed the tank and cleaned it out at the same time.

Don’t know if it’s an option but I’ve seen some shops with lights part way down on the walls, really helped with more light at floor level.
Yes, it could be. Basically don't have any power ran to anything other then the air compressor and main shop lights. Could run some zip cord and hang a few lights to see how it works.

Latest posts

Back