Sell whole or part them out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

461saw

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I first want to thank you all for always providing great feedback on anything related to chainsaws. I have been benefiting from this forum for years. I am a chainsaw collector and currently have a rather large collection. Through my years of collecting I have a lot of saws that are not complete, most came from buying large lots through different suppliers. My question is regarding the parts. I am running out of space and need to start unloading alot of these saws. Most of the saws I own are pro grade. Parts are expensive and getting harder to find. Do I sell the saws complete or sell each part individually. I have seen some part saws bring 3-350$ on eBay. I’m hoping some members here can offer guidance. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. For example. Lots of parts mainly for 360/361/361/044/046/460/440/441/066/660/661

Are you familiar with the aftermarket parts for a bunch of those models I quoted?
I’m not very familiar with those parts. I wasn’t sure if it’s easier to sell as a whole saw for parts or turn this into a little part time gig and sell each part individually. Always wondering which would be more lucrative. I see people paying crazy money for a saw that doesn’t work, just not sure it’s work the extra work. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Selling these things is a long-term commitment. Everything will sell, but how fast and for how much is always a gamble. If you want to sell online through places like the bay, you might get more money but you also have to deal with a lot of potentially tough customers. Almost better to sell for the best you can in the largest quantities you can unless you want to do it as a part time job.

I'd say, pick two saws...any two. Sell one whole, and one in parts, on Ebay...and, decide which you like doing.

There are plenty of sellers on Ebay who seem to like doing one approach or the other.

On the other hand, my impression is that, selling on Ebay is considered by many to be a Royal PIA. Fees, policies, buyers.

Roy

Latest posts

Back