Serial number for MS250 chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas246

Reaction score
i work at an equipment rental business and we have to make note of the serial numbers for all of our equipment such as the MS250 chainsaw. Where would i be able to find the serial numbers?

i work at an equipment rental business and we have to make note of the serial numbers for all of our equipment such as the MS250 chainsaw. Where would i be able to find the serial numbers?

i also have other stihl equipment that i cant find the serial numbers for like the BG55 leaf blower, FS130R weed trimmer, HL90K hedge trimmer and the HT101 pole pruner can anyone assist me with finding where these serial and engine numbers are?

Been a little while since I've looked at an MS250, but I think the serial number is in the 'standard' location for Stihl saws. It will be embossed into the plastic case/housing (the large component that contains the fuel & oil tanks and that the engine mounts into). Look where the bar is mounted to the saw (and where the bucking spike is mounted). If your holding the saw with the bar pointed away from you it should be just on the left side of where the bar gets 'sandwiched' between the case & clutch cover. The number is on a long skinny section of flat plastic.

View attachment 302110

Latest posts

Back