Saws Storm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the disaster response groups rely on battery powered contractor tools (sawzalls, drills, circular saws, etc.). They use a variety of generators to charge if AC power is not available.

I have run battery powered chainsaws and pole saws on disasters: 3 batteries per saw, and recharging on lunch breaks, at night, etc.

Philbert

Most of the disaster response groups rely on battery powered contractor tools (sawzalls, drills, circular saws, etc.). They use a variety of generators to charge if AC power is not available.

I have run battery powered chainsaws and pole saws on disasters: 3 batteries per saw, and recharging on lunch breaks, at night, etc.

Philbert
I have a converter on my truck...have run corded tools in the boonies.

A number of large companies (Target, Home Depot, PetSmart, etc.) have pre-existing relationships with organizations like the Red Cross, etc.

They are in the logistics business, and can bring in pallets and truckloads of supplies.

Often donated, but also able to get additional stuff sent out at cost, or through corporate foundations, etc.

Many, many local businesses also step up with supplies, shelter, feeding, etc.

It’s really a positive thing to see in a divided and cynical world.

Philbert

A coworker who volunteers with me normally brings a small kubota with a grapple. On his first trip to Mayfield KY, he managed to poke a stick into one of the front valve stems. A local shop fixed it for him and refused payment for the service. The guy behind the counter basically said "That's my name on the sign out front, and i said your money is no good here. If you need ANYTHING while you're down here, you come here FIRST, and I'll make sure you get it."

It's sad that it takes such a tragedy to be able to see the good in most people.

Latest posts

Back