• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Shindaiwa 488 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opalxx

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just bought a shindaiwa 488. Decided to upgrade my Solo 636 which has been the best saw i have had. Apparently the guy lost the spring and spacer on the 488 chain brake. No idea what he was up to. Also won't start. Bought sight unseen, just a pic. Looks clean so decided to take the plunge at AU$200. If i get stuck does anyone have any bits for these? Postage would be ok to Aus. Is there schematics on how these saws are assembled. I am not a saw tech so will struggle to fix.

I've got plenty of those 488's. That is an awesome series from Shindaiwa. Will chase and in most cases beat out the 346's in both stock builds of course. I can ship to Aussie land if you are paying the trip, and any customs or duty fees added on route. Just PM me with your needs. Thanks and good luck on the revival of the little red saw!! TLG

I've got plenty of those 488's. That is an awesome series from Shindaiwa. Will chase and in most cases beat out the 346's in both stock builds of course. I can ship to Aussie land if you are paying the trip, and any customs or duty fees added on route. Just PM me with your needs. Thanks and good luck on the revival of the little red saw!! TLG
Hah, thanks TLG. I wondered why we don't have many over here, you've got them all!!. Took a bit of a risk i gues but hopefully it will be ok. I will surely contact you for any parts i cannot get. Is there an exploded diagram etc of the saw so i can see how the chain brake hangs together?

Do you have parts for other Shindaiwa models? I am going to need some 680 cover pieces and a brake assembly.

Hi. Its a 488p. As new. Never seen wood. Only missing the spring for the chain brake. Has 2 springs i think. A small coiled one and another which i presume is a longer spring which pushes the brake handle back. Need the longer one. It is 3 to 5 weeks delivery in Aus. so if you can get one over that would be great. Can pay by PP if you can give cost. Customs not an issue here.

All 5 chainbrakes are intact and working. Paint wear and signs of use for sure. Nothing I really want to part out for a spring. If you want a complete assembly PM me for sure. It won't put ya in the poorhouse. TLG

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

All 5 chainbrakes are intact and working. Paint wear and signs of use for sure. Nothing I really want to part out for a spring. If you want a complete assembly PM me for sure. It won't put ya in the poorhouse. TLG

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I'm looking for a clutch cover for a 488 shindaiwa! do you have one?

Latest posts

Back