Simply amazing!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbabcock

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
How's this for consistency: The ridiculous, beverage-inspired "MVP" post (yes, I was a big part of it) stays on chainsaw, while the "Happy Birthday Ken Dunn" gets moved. Yeah, maybe the best saw guy out there and one of the most well respected technical contributors to chainsaw will see that we've wished him a happy birthday by checking out the OT forum. Good work!

While what your talking about makes no sense (the choice of threads to move I mean:) ) I think there has to be some policing of some of the posts here to try to keep the chainsaw forum about saws. Other boards I browse are far stricter than this one and you have to admit there have been a LOT of things in here that should be in the OT forum.

Doug, I agree with what you are saying...but a moderator needs to be online to see the post to move it.(which I just did) I didnt actually see the timeline on which the posts were made....I just got back on AS..

I do feel that Birthday greetings do need to be on Off Topic, But I also personally know that Ken doesnt read off topic, as he has little time on here. Knowing that, I personally would have left it here. But it was a moderators decision, and we need to respect that, and we do need some semblance (sp?) of consistency.

Ken is exactly what you said.."the best saw guy out there and one of the most well respected technical contributors to chainsaw".

Now that we are off topic again..lol..I think this particular thread needs to stay here for a bit, as it deals with some of the policing issues of moderators, and how we can do a better job.

Did that make any sense??

Thanks, Dennis. I agree completely and it makes perfect sense...and yes, your spelling is indeed correct. Well done!

Flawless, inspired logic as usual, John. Pour some more bar oil in your ear and you'll be a genius in no time.

????, that cat's on the table again!

..-. .. --.. -... .. -. :Monkey:

Back