Solo 675 Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp Yankee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
No clue on Solo saws, so please any help is appreciated.

Guy at work is bringing in a seized Solo 675 next week that his Dad has and wants to sell. I checked around on the net and they seem to be a decent quality saw.

I'm assuming this is a straight gas burn out but who knows. Are parts, (P&C). easy to get for this saw? Was there more than one generation, or will parts from one fit all others across the board?

Last question, considering I have the Dolmar PS7900, will this saw if I buy it, end up sitting in the cellar?

If I can buy it right and the parts aren't to bad to fix, I suppose I could flip it, but being an "off" brand around here I don't know how much interest or $ it would generate.

Appreciate the responses.

Take Care

The solo isn't an off brand it just isn't as well known in many areas as a stihl or husky. They are very good saws! If you can get a deceny deal on one...I am sure parts wouldn't be to hard to come across. Baileys carries those saws in their catalog. I am sure they could get parts for you or would know where to get them. Keep us updated . Steve:chainsaw:

Gave the saw a quick once over yesterday at lunch.

Seized up is a bit of an understatement.

Tried to pull the statrter cord, no dice. Would not budge.
Removed the brake cover and the starter cover and tried to turn the engine with the fly wheel. Still a no go. Put a pair of big channel locks on the fly wheel, it wasn't budging.

Reassembled the saw and gave it back to my co-worker. He asked if i knew what the problem was. I told him it could be any number of problems but there was one thing I knew it wasn't. He said, "what's that?"

My reply, "Not Mine."

Take Care

Latest posts

Back