Some People Have To Work For a Living

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi Chainsaw Nerds and Woodticks, it took me one tank of fuel and two cigarettes to get this pumpkin out. The butt log was 28" at the tip and 12' 6" long. It scaled 432 BF on the Doyle rule.
It was all my Kubota could do to drag this Hard Maple out to the main skid trail. The whole tree scaled about 1000 ft. Eat your hearts out, you bunch of flunkies.
John

Hi Rob, I can just imagine what you have in store for me- 6 city Goon Trees. I actually got 4 down and out today. Didn't get started till noon cause I drove my tractor 15 miles to the bush- almost froze.
John

Don't know if you ever handled a cleaning utensil John, can you handle a Vermeer SC252 without blowing it up? Oh well, could always slap some spikes and a saddle on ya so you can show us tree huggers how to do it right. Either that or I could use another brush dragger.

Here's a shot from the other day driving up to a stand after a wonderful snow that carpeted the Alberta countryside.
I was on a quest for a 170 class buck and struck out. Next month on the Kings Ranch maybe it will be better. I know it will be 70 as to 20 below.

Imagine cutting this with a 44 packing a 36" bar! :angry:

attachment.php

john you better take that kubota and 088 to bed tonight
calling for 10 below f. here tonight
and whatdo you do after the first 10 minutes when you have your 4 trees down for the rest of the day

Karl, be careful when taking a fifth from grandma. She probably marks the bottle.:p

Here is a 28" white ash plank that came from a tree on my neighbor's farm. It was in a creek bank and blew down in a storm. He wanted the tops for firewood, but said I could have the stuff that was too big for his saw.

Here's two of the best workers around. Here they figured out how to hook 2 keyboards up to one pc to play there games on the free time."all day" The best Hacksors around.

Hi Ed, just walked outside- 13 degrees of frost!
Since I work alone I always take my time and try to relish every tree. I usually hug it several times before I terrorize it with barbed wire 35RS. Then I romp around on the stump and gleefully take pictures of the flora and fauna. So you can see, with my fooling around, it takes about 1hr. per tree- down, out and bucked on the landing. Guess I would get fired if I worked on a crew though.
Karl, I have never seen a Soft Maple bowling pin that huge in my life.
WB- that plank would make a nice table top if you had a pair of them.
Frank's Planks

I've often been accused of not having a pair of them, but I may make a table anyway. Got a piece of ash, now just need some leg.

u dang younguns .. i envy ever one of u... aint to old myself,, but brother arthur is takin the wind out my sails.
mark,, u i envy,, as u can play at being gypo,,,then go and check up the profits from the computer buisiness,,end of the wk..:)
them two boys in the picture reminded me of my soninlaw and his bud..
wish he was as good at being a husband as he is with that puter.

Well I got 4 more out today, it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it!
Hi John, if its 20 degrees F, than there would be 12 degrees of frost. It was -13 C this morning so there was 13 degrees of frost since freezing is 0 degrees C.
John

I always run for the 385KD cause it so light and easy to manuever. I used the 088 KD, but wasn't sure if I was carring it or it was carrying me. After neglecting to reinstall the dogs, I just used it for bucking on the landing. Will use the 999PP tomorrow to fall, but it's very heavy. Glad I can kart it around in the bucket.
John

Back