Some People Have To Work For a Living

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPSIDE DOWN undercut!

Gypho, whats the reason for the standard undercut? stump height? Because if you use the Humbolt type correctly you won't have to trim up the butt, like your doing! Dennis

Yes you too can become a little Lambert.

67769.jpg

Hi Dennis, I never could do it any other way. I think it is more common in the East. At 13 lbs/ft. Maple is very hard and I dont think it would be easy to make that upcut against gravity. Stump height is also an issue, in a highgrade log every inch can count as I cut mostly 8' 6", 9' 6" and 10' 6". When I am seen cutting a bit off the butt, its not so much to clean it up, but rather to increase it's grade by removing ingrown bark etc. If the grade is premium on the outside then a lower stump is better, but if it's just a sawlog then a bit above the flair is no big loss.
P.S. that will be five times you have hung up on me now, Annette never hangs up on me!

Hey Mark, nice little kiddies starter kit, but where did you get my picture, I'm so cute aren't I?
John

Build it yourself

Gypho!! How manys hang ups does it take for you to understand the word No! I will not build you a saw or a world class race chain!! Phone Tom Fales, he likes your type much better than I. On second thought your Canadian, No don't phone him either! Isn't there any desent saw builders in Canada? Don't look on the tread here on this site for a saw builder because you won't get a straight answer. There's just to much arguing!! Hey John, maybe you should go build one yourself. There are several reasons why, but the best reason is you won't screw yourself, or will you. Good luck hahahaahaha Dennis

Hi Dennis, thats a pretty sharp lookin' piece of deadfall, are you living in that culvert? I dont want your twinkletoe saws nor your barbwire, so take a hike, I'm phoning Phony Tales.
John

Last edited:
John Keep trying Dennis C, Just tell him it's Dennis G He'll pick up then. Since this post is about hard work here's me Headed out in the AM.

Loading the hard way!

This was working hard for a living! We were known as the ant brothers, I wonder why? Our loading technique became very good without a loader, but once we bought a self-loader nobody gave us a bad time!

Hi Dennis, I am kind of detecting that you are one of these neat and tidy sorts. Well, that wont work around here.
Dont make me get Meatloaf after you!
Dennis, if one makes note, you will see I have been wearing the same clothing since I got in this bush 3 days ago, and why wouldn't I?
P.S., how's Dad? Give him my regards will ya?
Dennis Greffard's Brother's Sister's Uncle.

Dirty White Boys

Here we are getting ready to unload in the pond. Ponds are illegal in Ca. now. John don't be lusting on the white boys at the unloading dock. That was the first day they took there shirts off for the summer log rolling contest.

John Ellison, some of the old timers were amazing at skidding and loading big logs, when there's a will there's a way. I really enjoyed logging like this and made pretty good money at it, but like anything this went away because of greed. Dennis

Last edited:
Hi Mark, almost forgot, it was another tough day in the bush. The ole Kuboota was like a dog after a football with this one.
Did you get my ashtray yet?
John

work...a four letter word

Hello ladies! Well here it is, a vintage 1977 picture of V6 Bill (my old man) in Granite Falls, Washington. This is more work than I've done,so this is my contrbution to this thread. Bill Jr

Latest posts

Back