Spartan Juniper Diagnosis

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bladeup

Reaction score
Looking for a diagnosis on what could be going on in the pictures below. I planted this line of spartan junipers in April (in NJ). The soil has a clay consistency, so the issue I had with skip laurels in this area in the past is that I drowned them when watering - the soil did not drain.

Anyway, I haven't watered these plants often and all but this ones has taken off. I put the mesh wire around as I thought that my dog might have found a favorite spot to go, but I go out with her and don't see her over there.

Maybe 1 out of 26 isn't bad, and I'll just have to replant with a new one in the fall? If anyone has any suggestions on how to bring it back or if it is feasible, please let me know.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240714_092939.jpg
    20240714_092939.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240714_092930.jpg
    20240714_092930.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Not an expert, just another homeowner...
My guess would be maybe mites?
You can check by holding a piece of white paper under the branches and shaking them. If there are mites, you'll see the tiny specks moving on the paper.
If that's what it is, if you don't so something they could spread to the other trees.

But, 1 out of 26 are excellent odds, and the others look fantastic.

Back