Stihl 009

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't matter what it cost in 1963 it's worth whatever the current market will bear nothing more or less. Whatever you can get from the buyer. To me it's a worthless saw. I couldn't wait to sell mine off and it ran perfectly, pain to work on, heavy and gutless.

They are not bad little saws. I've used one quite a few years now mostly just pruning in the orchard, wood while ice fishing, and cleanup of small branches/limbs. Works fine for that.

Not really gutless for a 40cc. The reed valve motor gives it a good grunt and you don't have to rev it when limbing. Going to get worse kickback with high chain speeds.

They are not bad little saws. I've used one quite a few years now mostly just pruning in the orchard, wood while ice fishing, and cleanup of small branches/limbs. Works fine for that.

Not really gutless for a 40cc. The reed valve motor gives it a good grunt and you don't have to rev it when limbing. Going to get worse kickback with high chain speeds.
Thanks

well have to agree to disagree, I'd rather a 40cc any other saw if that time period over an 009.

well have to agree to disagree, I'd rather a 40cc any other saw if that time period over an 009.

Sure I'd take an 020T for three times the price too.

The 009 I have has not broken down or died on me in many years. I did have to retap the screws in the aluminum exhaust. Otherwise trouble free.

What is your beef with them?

It doesn't matter what it cost in 1963 it's worth whatever the current market will bear nothing more or less. Whatever you can get from the buyer. To me it's a worthless saw. I couldn't wait to sell mine off and it ran perfectly, pain to work on, heavy and gutless.
So you already sold it, correct? I’ve been wanting one.

Sold it on this site a coupple years ago now. Go get a 020 or 200, 201. You'll be much happier and get get about whatever parts you want.
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I have an 020, but it needs a lot of work, I’ll get to it one day or use it for parts for another better one, I’ve heard great things about them and do like it and am sure I’d like it way more if it worked. I do want a 200 or 201 one day, out of my price range at the moment tho. I just want an 009 for my vintage chainsaw collection.

Latest posts

Back