Stihl 009L no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babaoriley

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I’ve tried to bring the other thread related to this issue back but I got no response so I’m making a new one. Early production Stihl 009L I have no spark, I have checked the other thread and made sure there is no grounding to the thing I circled in the picture. Got new spark plug as well but still I have no spark. Next thing is the ignition coil I suspect. Anybody have the same issue please share your experience, thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpeg
    IMG_0951.jpeg
    884.4 KB · Views: 0
Disconnected the kill wire, was hoping that’s the problem. Didn’t fix it. Ordered a used coil, exact fit. Will update.

Essentially a points condenser saw just needs the points contacts polished shiny clean, then the gap reset, the points are the switch that controls the electrical charge to flow and stop and then discharge , there should be plenty of reading material on here about cleaning and setting points and how to test a condenser. A google search should bring up plenty of info on this subject. I do not do YouTube or look for video`s so little hellp to you there.

I think the points and condenser is bad. Not sure if I wanna spend more money on this saw. Used $20, NOS $55 on eBay.

Back