Stihl 019T Good or Bad Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundown

Stihl Going
Reaction score
I have one of these saws with the quick chain adjuster and 12" bar I got it new around 8 years ago very little use thinking about doing more tree care work and wondering weather to up grade to a 192T or 200T Any suggestions?

I've honestly heard more negative comments about the 019T than probably any other Stihl saw. I've never owned one myself. The 192 and 200 aren't even in the same ball park. They may both be top handle saws, but they're worlds apart in both construction and performance. The 192 is nothing more than a homeowner saw.

My dealer said he would give me $150.00 credit toward a new 192T or 200T what do you think of these two?

You already answered my ? thanks But the 200T is $550.00 With 12% off. I guess you get what you pay for right!

You already answered my ? thanks But the 200T is $550.00 With 12% off. I guess you get what you pay for right!

It is crazy overpriced. But it's the standard by which all other top handle saws are measured. It's a por built saw with explosive acceleration and great power. The 192 is a clamshell homeowner saw with significantly less power. It all depends on what your expectations and standards are for performance.

I am extremely pleased with my MS 200T. It's going on five years old. I don't use it often, but when I do - such as the project of making firewood out of a number of ash and oak trees recently removed from the neigborhood power line right-of-way - I am reminded that it's the handiest saw I have ever used. Of course, my MS 361 also got its share of exercise. The pair is unbeatable in my opinion. It just so happens that both professional tree care companies that have worked on/around my property use the same pair of saws.

One other question would you trade a like new MS290 Farm Boss for a MS260 pro and $200.00 cash?

I am in the process of putting together a well rounded saw group I have a 028 Super wood boss and a MS460 on the way don't know weather to keep the 290 or 028 and get a MS260 or 361 or 362 and trade my 019T toward a 200T

I am in the process of putting together a well rounded saw group I have a 028 Super wood boss and a MS460 on the way don't know weather to keep the 290 or 028 and get a MS260 or 361 or 362 and trade my 019T toward a 200T

If you had to pick 4 saws what would they be? My needs may vary alot.

If you've got a good 50cc saw, like the MS260, and a MS460, I'd skip the 361/362.

MS200T
MS260 / NE 346XP
MS460 / 372XPW
MS660 / 390XP / 395XP

Last edited:
Give me a pro saw any day plus i love the way the pro saws sound

Dealer giving you $150 credit for a 019T sounds like a good deal. There's no demand for an 019T.

My neighbor and I do a little part time tree service, climbing and taking down problem trees near houses. Took a chance on a used MS200t on Ebay for $250 and it turned out to be a winner. Starts right up and just rips everything in it's path. It easilly pulls a 16" bar/chain burried in seasoned oak. The Ultimate tool for the climber doing removals.

All my other saws were bought new, and for me is a nice 4 saw plan.

??? How do they sound different?

All of the orther saws like the mid range stihls that i have heard seem to have a wering supercharger sound while my 026 and orther pro saws seem to have more of a throty rumble to them. i dont know it could be my imagination

I have been watching ebay for a MS200T for a long time they seem to go for over $400.00 in like new condition.

Latest posts

Back