Stihl 026 query - purchased 2nd hand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes thanks got the refund through today. 😅

Have just bought this other saw, was collected from seller by courier today, these are the listing photos. The guy gets trade-ins and I did ask about the recoil cover as no badge and looks very clean, he said he checked it and it seems original and that the saw seems to have very little use. Although the bar would suggest otherwise.

I’ve not seen an aftermarket air filter cover that didn’t have the raised rounded centre like the MS260?

Typical the day I buy it I spot that in the pictures though. Fingers crossed a buffer mount issue. Otherwise the saw looks to be in fair condition, front of the crank case looks to be pretty clean too.

He had another 026 for a tenner less that had a feature I’m not familiar with
4 carb adjustment holes ??
Anyone shed any light on the extra hole

Attachments

• IMG_0980.jpeg
    IMG_0980.jpeg
    417.9 KB
  • IMG_0981.jpeg
    IMG_0981.jpeg
    121.3 KB
The extra holes are unique…can’t shed any light on that one hopefully someone with more knowledge with chime in. I did notice on both the saw you returned and this one they don’t have a transparent fuel tank or any labels like any of my stihl saws. Is the transparent fuel tank just a thing here in the USA. It makes me think they are both aftermarket.

If that is true the misaligned tank/handle assembly could be due to aftermarket quality issue regarding the misaligned rear handle assembly. Am I correct in my observation about the tank not being opaque?

I really hope not but will confirm when it arrives
The 4 photos I have seem to show the tank as opaque, but as I said I’m not sure either if that’s a US UK difference?

just thoughts on my part with some speculation. I had a hard time determining whether it was opaque in the pictures. I hope it turns out to be a good saw for you. I love running my 026.

Thanks mate. If it’s not up to scratch and has non original external parts then I’ll try and source good used oem and make good on it. It would be nice to see the saw before buying but I’m rural and chances of coming across one in the flesh are rare so have to take a punt on online ads etc. I think theres some positives I see in it; front of the crank case looks to be in decent condition, clutch cover is fair, orange covers look to be original and in good condition which I’m hoping all mean it’s either had little use or a well looked after saw or both. I’ll update when it arrives 👍

Latest posts

Back